New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Image in CorelDRAW X8

roomgnu

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Image in CorelDRAW X8

Have a nice day,

I often work with graphics. Yesterday I was drawing object CorelDRAW about 4-5 hours; I finished it, saved the changes. Immediately after the close of the program, the computer turned off. Once turned on it, my work stopped opening, pointing out the mistake of reading the image file.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

May 24, 2016 at 05:31 AM
Bernie
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Image in CorelDRAW X8

Have you contacted Corel? Perhaps they have some utilities that may help recover your work.

May 24, 2016 at 11:03 AM
roomgnu

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Image in CorelDRAW X8

Bernie wrote:
Have you contacted Corel? Perhaps they have some utilities that may help recover your work.

They offered me some solutions, but unfortunately they didn't get my data back.

May 30, 2016 at 05:42 AM
Bernie
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Image in CorelDRAW X8

I can't help with this issue, but possibly going forward. I know that in Photoshop, you can create automatic backups every so often. Perhaps Corel also allows you to do this.

After many years in Information Technology I learned that one needs to save one's work. With today's more stable OS's and power grids, these are things that many do not learn or do not learn soon enough or from practical experience. Even with an auto save in PS, I still make it a habit to save my work prior to making major changes and then at other opportune times. When trying some experiment in processing, I basically save a checkpoint, create a copy, experiment on the copy, and even save the copy whenever I'm at a pause point or need to step away from the computer. Sometimes when ideas are coming fast and furious, one forgets to save while in the "heat of the battle". But when necessary, it's easier to recreate the last hour's of work than half a day....

May 30, 2016 at 12:19 PM
digiguy

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Image in CorelDRAW X8

What format did you saved it as? Eg .cdr

May 30, 2016 at 01:16 PM
roomgnu

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Image in CorelDRAW X8

digiguy wrote:
What format did you saved it as? Eg .cdr

Yes I saved in .cdr extension.

May 31, 2016 at 01:30 PM
forkeetim61

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Image in CorelDRAW X8

roomgnu wrote:
Have a nice day,

I often work with graphics. Yesterday I was drawing object CorelDRAW about 4-5 hours; I finished it, saved the changes. Immediately after the close of the program, the computer turned off. Once turned on it, my work stopped opening, pointing out the mistake of reading the image file.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

In coreldraw there are .BAK files, it is the copy of your data, they intended for restoring your data in extreme cases, like losing data, errors and etc. If you don't have .BAK files, then make use of CorelDraw Repair Toolbox, you may get it on https://www.repairtoolbox.com/coreldrawrepair.html

Jun 07, 2016 at 11:46 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.