FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3              7       8       end

Archive 2016 · 5DIV Rumors Continue

Kathy White
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 5DIV Rumors Continue

http://www.canonrumors.com/canon-eos-5d-mark-iv-being-tested-by-photographers/

Getting excited. Having trouble being patient to see the specs on this prior to adding another body. I'm betting it will be my choice. So close and yet so far.

And before anyone decides to pounce on me for waiting on a rumor, I don't NEED another body. I have 2 great ones, but sold the 1DX to make room for one of the newer ones and I am not a patient person so I am attempting to be something that does not come naturally for me.

May 22, 2016 at 06:03 PM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 5DIV Rumors Continue

It's good to be excited. And especially about the potential of a new camera. Personally I am gun shy after a couple of the disappointments with the 5D3. I am also not in the market for a 5D4 but will watch the arc of the pricing fall over the next two years.

I hope it is all you want and more.

May 22, 2016 at 07:03 PM
M. Best
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 5DIV Rumors Continue

I'm interested to see what it has. I don't think I'd upgrade but I like to see what might go into future bodies. If anything, I'd buy a used 5D3, or if it has enough mega pixels, a used 5Ds/5DsR.

May 22, 2016 at 07:15 PM
Kathy White
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 5DIV Rumors Continue

Paul, sorry to hear that the 5DIII disappointed you. Mine has been my favorite camera body that I've ever owned, It really never lets me down and the size and weight are comfortable for me. Which is why I want to wait for the 5DIV before deciding on what to add. Some of the 5DSR results shown lately have made it hard to resist.

M Best The 5DIII has been great for me. I've enjoyed mine and like it so much that I probably will just hold on to mine even if I add another one. That said, if I were you and had to choose between the 5DIII and 5DSR, I'd get the 5DSR.

May 22, 2016 at 07:27 PM
mmurph
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 5DIV Rumors Continue

I am really looking forward to a 5DIV.

I've been shooting Nikon, Canon, Sony, and Panasonic- the first 3 for about 8 years side-by-side.

I have really been struggling to decide between Nikon and Canon, but I think I am going to (slowly) give up my full frame Nikon kit. It is just too expensive to keep duplicate 24-70 2.8, 70-200 2.8 II, and 70-200 4.0 lenes in both Nikon and Canon mounts. Those 3 lenses alone are worth about $4k on the Nikon side, plus another $2K per body for a D810 - I have 2 right now. Plus a few primes, and a D5500.

The Canon lenses are by far the best to adapt to Sony and M 4/3. I absolutely love the 7DII- the autofocus, the ergonomics, and the newer, cleaner sensor. But the 5D3 is a bit dated compared to the Nikon D750 and D810 full frame sensors.

The 4k will really be a bonus for me too if that is true. Being able to get rid of some 4k mirrorless cameras and Sony or Panasonic proprietary lenses would help me to cost justify the upgrade.

Right now I am planning on using my Canon lenses with an adapter wherever possible, and drastically reducing the number of proprietary lenses I keep. Having multiple mirrorless bodies for different niches isn't that huge of an investment, but the multiple, proprietary lens systems is a major PITA. It is great that the Canon lenses are all electronic, that makes them easy to adapt.

May 22, 2016 at 07:58 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 5DIV Rumors Continue

I have zero use for videos in an SLR. The MP count is the critical factor. Unless Canon can find a better sensor supplier, the situation is not looking good for resolution.

EBH

May 22, 2016 at 08:44 PM
Kathy White
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 5DIV Rumors Continue

EB-1 wrote:
I have zero use for videos in an SLR. The MP count is the critical factor. Unless Canon can find a better sensor supplier, the situation is not looking good for resolution.

EBH

I don't use video either but I think some of these screen grabs that I've seen are interesting and may be something new to learn. The mp count is of major interest to me as well. I'm hoping for in the 36 mp range with decent fps.

May 22, 2016 at 08:50 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 5DIV Rumors Continue

Here is a 5D4 spec list I found in my desk drawer:

24MP
8FPS
61 pt AF system with 61 f/8 points and all in red (1DX2 system)
120FPS 1080P and 4K30 (1DX2 will be the only 4K60)
1 C-Fast and 1 SD (just to make sure the SD will continue to severely hamper the CFast)
ISO 100-25600 (they didn't up the 1DX2's range so they won't update the 5D4 either)
It will include all the other new things that other Canon's have had since the 5D3 like EV in Auto ISO/M, Flicker Reduction, Customizable Qmenu, Custom VF display, Time Lapse...etc....

Should I leak this to Canon Rumours??

May 22, 2016 at 08:54 PM
Kathy White
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · 5DIV Rumors Continue

It wouldn't be the first time FM was it's source.

May 22, 2016 at 08:59 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · 5DIV Rumors Continue

arbitrage wrote:

24MP
8FPS
1 C-Fast and 1 SD (just to make sure the SD will continue to severely hamper the CFast)
ISO 100-25600 (they didn't up the 1DX2's range so they won't update the 5D4 either)
It will include all the other new things that other Canon's have had since the 5D3 like EV in Auto ISO/M, Flicker Reduction, Customizable Qmenu, Custom VF display, Time Lapse...etc....

That's what I'm afraid of.

EBH

May 22, 2016 at 09:07 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · 5DIV Rumors Continue

Kathy White wrote:
It wouldn't be the first time FM was it's source.

That Psycho I or something member?

EBH

May 22, 2016 at 09:13 PM
Kathy White
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · 5DIV Rumors Continue

EB-1 wrote:
That Psycho I or something member?

EBH

yes. That's the one.

May 22, 2016 at 09:18 PM
scalesusa
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · 5DIV Rumors Continue

I think that 4K video bursts will be another tool for wildlife photographers. The frames will have a high enough MP count to allow reasonable detail. If tracking is possible, I'll expect that even I will be able to capture BIF photos. This is no small thing, opening up BIF to people who are not experts at tracking birds will sell more telephoto lenses, maybe even to me.

I do expect the usual issues with third party products not functioning. That's already being discovered by 1DX II users, so fixes should be available by the time a 5D MK IV delivers.

May 22, 2016 at 09:40 PM
Schlotkins
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · 5DIV Rumors Continue

24 mpx would be a buzz killer. I think the DR will probably be close to the A7rII given the 1DxII performance... but 28 mpx even would be better.

Chris

May 22, 2016 at 10:42 PM
kevindar
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · 5DIV Rumors Continue

The 4K video will allow many more of the camera to sell, potentially subsidizing the cost. Canon also happens to have the best slr video AF in its dual pixel technology in 80D. I would personally be more excited about having dual pixel than the 4K, but very much welcome the 4K

Having used my 80D, the sensor is much cleaner at base ISO than my 70D and even cleaner than the 5d3. I am sure thats another given improvement in 5d4.

The only question remains resolution and fps. its safe to say it wont be 50MP. I think 36MP at 5fps, and if they allow a crop mode, at 7 FPS, would be awesome.

May 22, 2016 at 10:44 PM
SoftImage
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · 5DIV Rumors Continue

kevindar wrote:
The 4K video will allow many more of the camera to sell, potentially subsidizing the cost. Canon also happens to have the best slr video AF in its dual pixel technology in 80D. I would personally be more excited about having dual pixel than the 4K, but very much welcome the 4K

Having used my 80D, the sensor is much cleaner at base ISO than my 70D and even cleaner than the 5d3. I am sure thats another given improvement in 5d4.

The only question remains resolution and fps. its safe to say it wont be 50MP. I think 36MP at
...Show more

My feeling is that it is more likely to be 24-28MP mainly because of Dual Pixel technology. That is already a huge amount of data to process for exposure (reading each pixel twice and then combining them) as well as for AF.

May 23, 2016 at 12:56 AM
evertdoorn
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · 5DIV Rumors Continue

improved sensor with better DR and maybe a stop better iso, better AF tracking and low light focus, touch focus on lcd, wifi and - who knows - a tilt screen would make it quite a nice upgrade for events. My money is waiting

May 23, 2016 at 06:15 AM
kewlcanon
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · 5DIV Rumors Continue

I've asked Maeda to revise:

61pt AF to 200pt AF covering 99% VF
Radio flash trigger included.

arbitrage wrote:

24MP
8FPS

May 23, 2016 at 07:34 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · 5DIV Rumors Continue

No less than 24 Mp, 8 FPS, multipoint f/8 AF, well functioning Servo AF/tracking, AND priced no more than $3k........I could use such 5D4 as a backup for my 1DX.

May 23, 2016 at 07:53 AM
ggreene
• • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · 5DIV Rumors Continue

Would love to see 28MP/8FPS. Far enough away from the 1DX2's 14/16FPS yet offering a decent MP jump from the 5D3 but not close to the 5DSR. That would make it a very versatile body yet keep it from cannibalizing other market segments.

The problem I see is that Canon will remain far too protective of the 1D and offer less then 8FPS. Would love for Nikon to release a successor to the D750 with at least 8FPS just to get Canon out of their over protective mode.

May 23, 2016 at 07:59 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.