Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · What AF settings you use?

skasol
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · What AF settings you use?

what AF settings do you use for your 5D3 or 1DX for weddings? just curious as to what is everyone else shooting. I think I have case 2 on my bodies and I have my shortcuts set up to activate AI servo while I hold down buttons.
I also believe I only have the cross points. Please share if you shoot weddings with the 5D3 or 1DX

May 21, 2016 at 02:39 PM
jah2266
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · What AF settings you use?

I always use single point, and set up the depth of field button on the front to switch to serve when held down. That was one of my favorite features of the 5D Mark III. That way I could easily go from single point focus to servo and right back to single instantly.

May 21, 2016 at 08:10 PM
skasol
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · What AF settings you use?

jasonhupe wrote:
I always use single point, and set up the depth of field button on the front to switch to serve when held down. That was one of my favorite features of the 5D Mark III. That way I could easily go from single point focus to servo and right back to single instantly.

I have it set up the same way.

May 21, 2016 at 11:32 PM
mikyor1
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · What AF settings you use?

same. I use mk iii and have single point only x points active and use thumb nipple accordingly, and use the dof button as hold down servo

Sep 21, 2016 at 06:50 PM
petr vokurek
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · What AF settings you use?

That sounds cool- I always do it the idiot way on top of the camera Could you tell me where exactly I can set it on 5dIII? Iīve just gone through the whole menu three times and couldnīt find any way to set the depth of field button to swich from single to continuous...Thanks!

Sep 22, 2016 at 07:28 AM
g-money
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · What AF settings you use?

petr vokurek wrote:
That sounds cool- I always do it the idiot way on top of the camera Could you tell me where exactly I can set it on 5dIII? Iīve just gone through the whole menu three times and couldnīt find any way to set the depth of field button to swich from single to continuous...Thanks!

I just repaired a 8 yr old icemaker using a youtube video I knew there had to be one on this issue!

Sep 22, 2016 at 07:43 PM
skasol
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · What AF settings you use?

petr vokurek wrote:

G-money posted the video but essentially you hit up the quick menu (Q) and navigate to the options of the dof button.

Sep 22, 2016 at 10:14 PM
petr vokurek
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · What AF settings you use?

Done! Thanks a lot. Hope Iīll get used to holding that button while Iīm focusing. But it feels quite intuitive so should be no problem

Sep 23, 2016 at 06:10 AM
slee915
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · What AF settings you use?

Wow, I just learnt another way of improving my usage of the 5d3 today. Thanks for the great tip!

Sep 29, 2016 at 08:23 PM
Michael Beard
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · What AF settings you use?

petr vokurek wrote:
Done! Thanks a lot. Hope Iīll get used to holding that button while Iīm focusing. But it feels quite intuitive so should be no problem

It's really a killer feature. It wont take long to get used to it!

Sep 29, 2016 at 09:41 PM
t4haughton
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · What AF settings you use?

I've been doing this since I got my Mark IIIs and I love it. I actually use it opposite as most of you - leaving the camera in Servo and using the DOF button to switch to one shot. I think it of it as a "focus lock" button.

Oct 02, 2016 at 11:41 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.