1       2       3              6      
       end

Archive 2016 · My 1DX II Review - Lots of sample files

molson
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.7 #1 · p.7 #1 · My 1DX II Review - Lots of sample files

Vancouver47 wrote:
It's nice to see Canon Canada didn't raise the CPS after April 1. Keep in mind your dealer doesn't make a dime on CPS pricing sales.

The dealer does make money on CPS sales, but it's not as much as they would get selling the same item to a regular retail customer, and they now have to wait a couple of months to receive the extra funds from Canon Canada.

May 31, 2016 at 11:03 AM
Methodical
• • • •
p.7 #2 · p.7 #2 · My 1DX II Review - Lots of sample files

Iwas joeking wrote:
For someone complaining about drivel, you sure post a lot of it. There is no debate whether or not the mark 2 is a huge leap forward or not, it is clearly a nice iteration of a fine camera. Sorry, no revolution.
If your posts were intended to be funny, and no one got the joke, then maybe your comedy is not as good as you think it is, it's easy to blame your audience, a lot harder to accept the fact the comedian might suck.
As far as Mr. Bartley's experience goes, you really need to have a look at
...Show more

Bartley is very accomplished and has some very outstanding images.

May 31, 2016 at 06:36 PM
Methodical
• • • •
p.7 #3 · p.7 #3 · My 1DX II Review - Lots of sample files

Hey Glenn your review is cool with me and for many others as they may be pondering the same thing.

Your 600II video is what tipped the scale for me to sell my 500 and upgrade to the 600II.

Btw, your bird images are amazing. Great work.

I for one won't be upgrading. I just got my 1Dx in October. I go out and shoot and don't even worry about the ISO, just getting the shot as the ISO capability of this body lets me flow this way.

Oh and don't worry the bickering is normal and their way of showing each other some love

May 31, 2016 at 06:49 PM
rscheffler
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #4 · p.7 #4 · My 1DX II Review - Lots of sample files

arbitrage wrote:
Are you sure the dealers aren't compensated by Canon in some way? CameraCanada actively advertises for CPS members to phone them for the CPS price on all the listings that have a CPS discount. If they make nothing off a CPS member sale then I don't see why they usually lead with the CPS headline in their product listings.

Vancouver47 wrote:
My dealer made a point of telling me my 1Dx2 had no mark-up of any kind. I paid the Canon's invoice amount to the dealer. He said sales of high end gear gives dealers bragging rights and that's it. Now you may be right that this is a one time circumstance because of the April first 25% increase.

Sorry, but you might be misinterpreting what he told you. It's true you're paying the 'book net' price, which implies no markup, but the dealer is definitely reimbursed a certain amount for CPS sales, based on what my Canon dealer told me the other day.

It has been some time since I was in photo retail, but it used to be that shops designated by Canon as 'pro shops' got preferred rates from Canon (I think they had to maintain a certain annual sales quota of higher end gear and also keep a certain amount of high end inventory). My current preferred Canon dealer is no longer a pro shop but said he still gets a discount for CPS sales, though it's not much. It might be less than 10%, which was previously the standard dealer discount, IIRC. I suppose if it's indeed less than 10% and you pay with a premium credit card that might have higher merchant fees associated with it, the store might make less than the CC company on the sale....

May 31, 2016 at 09:18 PM
mogud
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #5 · p.7 #5 · My 1DX II Review - Lots of sample files

Likely, Canon Canada doesn't cut cheques to the dealer but credits the dealer account for the CPS pricing. My guess is that the dealers charging $6800 for the 1dx2 are making something.

May 31, 2016 at 11:47 PM
Vancouver47
• • •
p.7 #6 · p.7 #6 · My 1DX II Review - Lots of sample files

mogud wrote:
Likely, Canon Canada doesn't cut cheques to the dealer but credits the dealer account for the CPS pricing. My guess is that the dealers charging $6800 for the 1dx2 are making something.

I would guess what you suggest is the norm, however the comments from my dealer are very clear. He charged me his cost. Perhaps this is a one off event because the sale occurred during a large price increase created by the free fall of the Canadian dollar vs the Yen.

Jun 01, 2016 at 09:58 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.