1       2       3       4      
       6       7       end

Archive 2016 · My 1DX II Review - Lots of sample files

Iwas joeking
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #1 · p.5 #1 · My 1DX II Review - Lots of sample files

rabbitmountain wrote:
I suppose I misinterpreted your post and your "antidote". Didn't read any humour either.

No harm done.

Besides you should have been called wan11 instead of lan11 if you live so remotely.

Now that is funny!

May 28, 2016 at 12:21 PM
Iwas joeking
• • •
p.5 #2 · p.5 #2 · My 1DX II Review - Lots of sample files

rabbitmountain wrote:
I suppose I misinterpreted your post and your "antidote". Didn't read any humour either.

No harm done.

Besides you should have been called wan11 instead of lan11 if you live so remotely.

Now that is funny!

May 28, 2016 at 12:21 PM
Zenon Char
• • • • • •
p.5 #3 · p.5 #3 · My 1DX II Review - Lots of sample files

Vancouver47 wrote:
C$6700 was the Canadian CPS price if you ordered prior to Mar 31. When I ordered mine that was about $4600US

I was quoted $6,800 at two places last week. One told me there was no deadline but I'll check that again.

May 28, 2016 at 01:02 PM
rabbitmountain
• • • •
p.5 #4 · p.5 #4 · My 1DX II Review - Lots of sample files

4600 US? Thats a steal. Our European price is 6399 and that translates to 7109 USD. Too bad they don't offer those discounts to European CPS members.

May 28, 2016 at 01:36 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #5 · p.5 #5 · My 1DX II Review - Lots of sample files

Zenon Char wrote:
I was quoted $6,800 at two places last week. One told me there was no deadline but I'll check that again.

A few people got $6,700 from Aden camera back during the pre-order time but even then I was quoted $6800 by CameraCanada and TheCameraStore as the true CPS price. The CPS price is a fixed price just like the retail price. The only reason it will change is if Canon raises the retail price of the 1DX2. When Canon recently increased the lens prices the CPS prices also went up accordingly. The 1DX2 is already priced in accordance with the weak dollar so it won't likely change anytime soon. The $6800 price will be the price for the foreseeable future.

One thing that may change is the inclusion of the CFast card and reader. TheCameraStore lists that offer ending on June 30th. However, Canon may extend that if sales of the 1DX2 aren't up to snuff.

Edited on May 28, 2016 at 02:31 PM · View previous versions

May 28, 2016 at 01:44 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.5 #6 · p.5 #6 · My 1DX II Review - Lots of sample files

Lan11 wrote:
PetKal,
The real puzzle is how did you stumble over marvellous T6 and 7D2? Was it your friend Pictorius-Maestro? His new marching orders are to hype the 5DsR and I see it clearly in your future. Don’t distract yourself with some specs.

Lan lad, the Supertelephotomaster can on occasion get a lucky shot of Canada geese even with a pi$$y little camera such as T6s.
Furthermore, 5DSR is not in my future. Neither is 1DXII. Lastly, I do not read any gear reviews, nor do I follow any "masterly" leads.

Edited on Jun 03, 2016 at 11:42 AM · View previous versions

May 28, 2016 at 02:04 PM
ross.thomas
• • •
p.5 #7 · p.5 #7 · My 1DX II Review - Lots of sample files

Glenn, as someone diving into the world of making videos myself, I salute you for taking the time to make this review. Don't worry about some negativity, we're not all like that. You did a fantastic job. I know how much time and effort that took.

May 28, 2016 at 02:54 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.5 #8 · p.5 #8 · My 1DX II Review - Lots of sample files

Very nice review Glenn!

May 28, 2016 at 03:12 PM
Zenon Char
• • • • • •
p.5 #9 · p.5 #9 · My 1DX II Review - Lots of sample files

arbitrage wrote:
A few people got $6,700 from Aden camera back during the pre-order time but even then I was quoted $6800 by CameraCanada and TheCameraStore as the true CPS price. The CPS price is a fixed price just like the retail price. The only reason it will change is if Canon raises the retail price of the 1DX2. When Canon recently increased the lens prices the CPS prices also went up accordingly. The 1DX2 is already priced in accordance with the weak dollar so it won't likely change anytime soon. The $6800 price will be the price for the foreseeable future.

One
...Show more

$6,800 for the forceable future is a good thing because it will be a while before I push the buy button.

May 28, 2016 at 04:31 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.5 #10 · p.5 #10 · My 1DX II Review - Lots of sample files

A thread on a review of the 1DX II, and look who is trying to "hype" a different body by posting an image from it.

Pretty sure you can shoot geese with a 10D.

Can't blame too many for not posting reviews of any gear considering the resulting flack and drivel that occurs.

May 28, 2016 at 04:47 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.5 #11 · p.5 #11 · My 1DX II Review - Lots of sample files

Imagemaster wrote:
Can't blame too many for not posting reviews of any gear considering the resulting flack and drivel that occurs.

Indeed. Some highly inappropriate responses and ill-mannered drivel gets heaped on the reviewer, such as this stuff by none other than our own Imaginedmaster, and let us quote him (page 2-post #9 of this thread):

"However, I purchased his setup guide for the 5DSR and found it a big disappointment. It was nearly word-for-word as the free Canon PDF setup guide. Hardly worth $5US for only 12 pages of digital setup info.

Hell, you can buy my Rufous Hummingbird eBook for only $5US with 86 pages of glorious Rufous photos.

http://www.blurb.com/ebooks/524663-rufous-hummingbirds

Or my Bald Eagle eBook from Apple Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/when-bald-eagles-go-bathing/id974995164?mt=11"

Now, my friends, how's that for pure and unadulterated "drivel" ? Do you see what kind of a forum "contributor" we have, or we tolerate, in our midst here ?

May 28, 2016 at 05:42 PM
Glenn Bartley
• • •
p.5 #12 · p.5 #12 · My 1DX II Review - Lots of sample files

ross.thomas wrote:
Glenn, as someone diving into the world of making videos myself, I salute you for taking the time to make this review. Don't worry about some negativity, we're not all like that. You did a fantastic job. I know how much time and effort that took.

Thank you Ross!

May 28, 2016 at 06:58 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.5 #13 · p.5 #13 · My 1DX II Review - Lots of sample files

PetKal wrote:
Now, my friends, how's that for pure and unadulterated "drivel" ? Do you see what kind of a forum "contributor" we have, or we tolerate, in our midst here ?

You mean like your drivel that added so much to this thread?:

PetKal wrote:
Glenn, thank you for posting this link to your video.
However, my attention span is unfortunately quite short, and after 3 minutes of watching your video I had enough.

Therefore, could you please state here what the bottom line/conclusions is of your 1DX MkII review, although I think you would have been in a much better position to evaluate the camera if you had extensive prior experience using 1DX MkI.

PetKal wrote:
Yes, the mountain roads to North Albania (N/A) where Lan lad is from are impassable to any and all vehicles, therefore Canon ships their gears using local beasts of burden such as mules and donkeys.

PetKal wrote:
Lan lad, the Supertelephotomaster can on occasion get a lucky shot of Canada geese even with a pi$$y little camera such as T6s.
Furthermore, 5DSR is not in my future. Neither is 1DXII. Lastly, I do not read any gear reviews, nor do I follow any "masterly" leads.

The old "The pot calling the kettle black", eh? Time to clean that mirror on your wall.

May 28, 2016 at 08:06 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.5 #14 · p.5 #14 · My 1DX II Review - Lots of sample files

Not so fast, Markle.
Here are the facts:
(1) You were the first in this thread to call others' posts "drivel". And that was after only a few pages earlier......
(2) You had launched a character assassination of sorts against Bartley in public by saying he swindled you for $5 5DSR setup guide he copied from a Canon's document. Now, what does that have to do with the Bartley's 1DXII review video ? What were you trying to accomplish by stating that ?
Then, to add salt to injury, you go on to provide links to your own internet picture books. What on earth do those books have in common with 1DXII ?

Sleep on it, if that will help you understand.

May 28, 2016 at 08:32 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.5 #15 · p.5 #15 · My 1DX II Review - Lots of sample files

PetKal wrote:
Not so fast, Markle.
Here are the facts:
(1) You were the first in this thread to call others' posts "drivel". And that was after only a few pages earlier......
(2) You had launched a character assassination of sorts against Bartley in public by saying he swindled you for $5 5DSR setup guide he copied from a Canon's document. Now, what does that have to do with the Bartley's 1DXII review video ? What were you trying to accomplish by stating that ?
Then, to add salt to injury, you go on to provide links to your own internet picture books. What on
...Show more

Not sure PB why you stoop to spreading misinformation and twisting facts to suit your own purpose.

(1) The first mention of the word "drivel" was on page 4, post 11. Not my post. Maybe try re-reading the thread.
(2) Nice try on twisting my words around. Did you ever work for a politician? Where did I say he "swindled" me and where did I say he "copied" from a Canon document? I said I found his 5DSR setup guide a disappointment, nearly word-for-word as the Canon guide, and hardly worth $5US. Not exactly the same as your lying about what I said, is it? I don't know why your misquoting and lying about what another member said is tolerated.

What did I accomplish by stating that? Well how about his review is advertising a similar setup guide for the 1DX II and some members may wish to know if anyone has purchased it, or a similar one, and would like some feedback? If you think negative feedback is character assassination, that is your problem.

"Salt to injury" by providing my links accompanied by a ? Since you are the main joker on this site, I would think you could understand that emoticon, since you use it all the time. You are just being a drama queen by making such a statement.

What was your point of saying?: PetKal wrote:
…...after 3 minutes of watching your video I had enough.

…...I think you would have been in a much better position to evaluate the camera if you had extensive prior experience using 1DX MkI.

What are you trying to accomplish by making such statements? Since when does one have to own a previous version of a camera in order to review the present version?

Have you participated in this thread because you feel left out not having the 1DX II (just like you do on the 5DSR threads), so you jump in with your T6 contributions? Sorry if you feel left out.

Try finding someone that can explain that "pot calling the kettle black", as you sure don't get it.

May 29, 2016 at 02:09 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.5 #16 · p.5 #16 · My 1DX II Review - Lots of sample files

Markle, your "rebuttals" remind me of a lttle boy who says to his mother: " I sure did not break the glass vase, I just touched it and it fell off the table."

May 29, 2016 at 04:26 AM
therealthings
• • •
p.5 #17 · p.5 #17 · My 1DX II Review - Lots of sample files

Maybe you guys need to settle your differences in a private conversation. Just a thought.

May 29, 2016 at 06:02 AM
Lan11
[X]
p.5 #18 · p.5 #18 · My 1DX II Review - Lots of sample files

Apologies to the OP for my posts polluting his space.
I’m aware that my views are controversial and often go against general opinion, but they mean no malice. Hopefully, readers can learn from both criticism and prize.
I’ll move future posts elsewere.

http://web.ncf.ca/fm568/Turky1.jpg

Here in N. Afghanistan the mountains are high and we’re pretty isolated, so I’d appreciate Mr. rabbitmountain to explain his joke (wan11). If it makes anyone laugh, it is fine by me. Laughing is heathy.

May 29, 2016 at 07:48 AM
rabbitmountain
• • • •
p.5 #19 · p.5 #19 · My 1DX II Review - Lots of sample files

Twas just a little well intended joke on how far your order had to travel. LAN = Local Area Network, WAN = ... Well I probably don't need to explain any further.

This forum used to be friendly all over when I joined and it really stood out in that sense. Focus was on topics and not on argueing. It still is most of the time but I do recognise the pollution sometimes and I usually try not to get involved and instead try to turn to appreciate the time invested in contributions that were intended to help others. In this topic I know I could have done better myself. So apologies to you Glenn from me. I finally watched your video and want to thank you for posting it

May 29, 2016 at 08:54 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.5 #20 · p.5 #20 · My 1DX II Review - Lots of sample files

PetKal wrote:
Markle, your "rebuttals" remind me of a lttle boy who says to his mother: " I sure did not break the glass vase, I just touched it and it fell off the table."

That is because you can't handle anyone rebutting your incorrect statements.

May 29, 2016 at 09:37 AM
       6       7       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

6       7       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.