New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · My first big moons

Max_Pain
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · My first big moons

I finally received my Sigma 150-600 C yesterday but weather made it impossible. I've been wanting to try a super telephoto moon shot and today was my day. I still have much to learn, but I really liked the detail in #1. Not bad for only 840mm! #1 was a 50% crop, then resized to 1200px wide.

#2 was with the moon somewhat obscured by some light clouds. I really liked how it looks, unfortunately didn't realize the camera had auto-compensated to ISO 25,600. Oh well, I still like it.

Can't wait to get the Sigma 2x to try this again at 1200mm

May 18, 2016 at 08:56 PM
mudlake
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · My first big moons

Nice! I'm glad you finally got your lens. The moon was the first thing I shot too! You're going to love it with birds and wildlife.

May 19, 2016 at 11:22 PM
Max_Pain
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · My first big moons

Thanks. I'm hoping to get out to the zoo this weekend to try my luck with the tigers. It's been quite a while and the last time I just had a 300 f/4L IS + 1.4x on a 20D. Should be a nice difference now.

May 20, 2016 at 08:38 AM
Max_Pain
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · My first big moons

Here's one from tonight. Full moon and a large Mars visible in the night sky. Composite of two exposures, one to bring out some of the color in Mars and the one for the moon. Both taken with 6D + 150-600 C + 1.4x (840mm) manually focused, on tripod.

May 21, 2016 at 11:20 PM
Max_Pain
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · My first big moons

Here's one of tonight's full moon. Probably the last one I'm sharing unless I end up with a lot more reach.

This is kind of cheating, since it's taken with a Fuji X-E2S and a Sigma 150-600 C...BUT it does also use a Canon 1.4x III

About 1200mm.

May 22, 2016 at 10:21 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.