FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · New Cheetah Stands V860Xc Question

FLSTCSAM
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · New Cheetah Stands V860Xc Question

Just received 2 more units and am trying to figure out how they work together.

Can I set the slaves to manual and the on camera master to ETTL? If so how, and how do I adjust the power of the slaves?

I did call Cheetah Stands and they said something about it couldn't, but a new firmware version is due in a week that would make that work. ( great for next week) Second they said someone on their Facebook support group said they had a work around.

I tried to join the group but I am pending. For how long I don't know.

OK if that ether won't work or is too much of a hassle and I set them all for ETTL how do I adjust the power from the slaves? I have been playing around today until my head hurts and I can't figure out how to actually use or understand the ratios. I can change the ratios but I am not clear on what is actually changing.

There are settings for 8:1 - 4:1 - 2:1 - 1:1 - 1:2 - 1:4 - 1:8 Does 8:1 mean the mater is using 8 times the power of the slaves? Or is the master using 1/8th of the power of the slaves?

I only have a small space (my house) to test with and it seems like the all the flashes go up and down about the same no mater the ratio. And if i dial in flash compensation plus or minus all flashes go up and down together. So far I have not been able to see any difference in flash output power.

The event I am working on Friday is an awards banquet. I plan on setting two flashes on stands, slaves, one flash on camera. The idea is to adjust the camera setting to expose correctly close to ambient and use the slaves and on camera primarily as fill. I can be shooting from 24mm to 200mm. Not the same lens

I plan on bread and butter, safe, shots and also some narrow depth of field more creative images and need to know how to change and or compensate if the starting flash setting can't keep up or have enough internal adjustment. On second thought if I adjust the camera settings correctly it really shouldn't mater to the flash for a proper exposure?

I guess the big question i show the heck do make an adjustment on the fly if your only wanting to adjust ether the slaves or the on camera flash without changing the other with out shooting in total manual?

Hopefully that made sense.

I could be over thinking it all as well. I have been known to do that.

Sam

May 18, 2016 at 07:34 PM
FLSTCSAM
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · New Cheetah Stands V860Xc Question

OK got an answer on the Facebook Cheetah support group.

They now have a new firmware update V1.3 that will allow (on the newer cameras) the ability to do this. YEAH!!!

Sam

May 19, 2016 at 11:15 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.