Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2016 · Advice selling/marketing Fine-Art Prints : USPS new Forever Stamp winner

FLSTCSAM
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Advice selling/marketing Fine-Art Prints : USPS new Forever Stamp winner

Matt.

Remember Frame Destination. I just looked up an 8 ply Alpharag mat with inside dimensions of 23 1/2 X 35 1/2 and wit an out side dimensions of 32 X 42 giving you a 4" border on all sides but you can dang near get any outside or inside dimensions you want.

Note, it ain't cheap. Second I think what Nolaguy might be referring to is using fine art papers rather than traditional gloss or semigloss photo parers. Totally different look.

Also please note, trying to rush this first time effort without any experience is not going to end well. Push back your sales gallery visits.

First you need to decide how your going to print this. Paper (type), acrylic, metal, canvas, other. Then how to mount and display. Along with this is the file prep, choosing your printer, having proof prints done, then finalizing this part.

Next comes the marketing, what type of distribution channel? Galleries, art shows, flea markets, etc. Next is pricing cost and sources of goods sold then pricing and sizes as well as open or limited edition.

I have no idea how anyone could do this properly in a week.

Good luck!!!

Sam

May 22, 2016 at 09:36 AM
Matt.Dieterich
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Advice selling/marketing Fine-Art Prints : USPS new Forever Stamp winner

FLSTCSAM wrote:
Matt.

Remember Frame Destination. I just looked up an 8 ply Alpharag mat with inside dimensions of 23 1/2 X 35 1/2 and wit an out side dimensions of 32 X 42 giving you a 4" border on all sides but you can dang near get any outside or inside dimensions you want.

Note, it ain't cheap. Second I think what Nolaguy might be referring to is using fine art papers rather than traditional gloss or semigloss photo parers. Totally different look.

Also please note, trying to rush this first time effort without any experience is not going to end well.
...Show more

Hi Sam,

Thank you for all the tips. I certainly do not want to rush into making a poor decision on this limited release. My thoughts on wanting to have a product ready for the New York show is that I feel this will be such a huge and possibly last time to market the image. But I agree that this is not the time to make foolish decisions simply because I am rushing. This is why I brought this question to the forums, to get quality advice from experienced photographers who can help me market this work.

I am deciding now between two mediums, paper or acrylic. I know the acrylic is jaw dropping, but I am unsure if I will be able to sign the top layer. I have seen folks just digitally sign and number their print before having the acrylic process performed.

I have always printed through Mpix Pro, so I wonder if I should check into Bay Photo for the archival paper to see how I like that. As you said the mats get expensive. I am thinking the largest prints I would make would be the 24x36. Up to this point I have only printed 16x24, which look brilliant on aluminum metal.

Matt

May 22, 2016 at 01:14 PM
       end

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.