New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · panorama

CosmicCruiser
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · panorama

I just tried something to see if it would work and it didn't so my question is why. It may be obvious but I can't see it at the moment. I shot a panorama of 3 tennis courts but instead of turning the camera I simply moved the camera about 5 ft to the right with every exposure. The camera stayed straight on to the courts and the same distance. I thought this may make a more "flat" panorama but neither LR nor PS could handle it at all. Why? I did and 10 shots so there was a lot of over lap.
thanks, Robert

May 16, 2016 at 06:49 PM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · panorama

Depending on what's in the foreground - if there's anything that looks like a court with lines on it, the perspective will change as you're moving the camera, and that will screw things up. You might want to just try doing an approximate David Hockney looking stitch of multiple images that only sort of line up.

May 16, 2016 at 07:21 PM
uscmatt99
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · panorama

Yep too much parallax for the software to deal with.

May 17, 2016 at 07:10 AM
CosmicCruiser
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · panorama

Thanks guys. You would think that the small movement would allow such little change in parallax that it would be easy and seamless. After having made a pano the "correct l" way I was a little surprised how much distortion over not that much distance. And in the correct shots in neither LR nor PS could it do a perspective merge. They both did cylindrical merges.

May 17, 2016 at 07:47 AM
Mr Joe
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · panorama

The only display option that I've seen for moving the camera between shots is the "wall" view in Photosynth: https://photosynth.net/preview/about/

May 17, 2016 at 07:27 PM
sjordan93436
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · panorama

Suggestion. Spend a few minutes trying to hand stitch it.You could spend hours, but stack the images, make the canvas bigger, then move the images. You can then see where you went wrong. It is a good education (it helped me) but do not expect a keeper.

May 19, 2016 at 12:31 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.