New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · San Francisco

uhoh7
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · San Francisco

I have a shoot coming up in SF and a bit of free time.

Haven't been to SF in 30 Years....so what's fun to see and shoot?

Best Museums?

TY Charlie

May 16, 2016 at 09:57 AM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · San Francisco

Kind of a big, sprawling question, given that you have access to everything from street photography to architecture to the ocean to landscapes to...

A great starting point is to search for "san francisco" in the forum, or perhaps to ask something with a bit narrower focus. :-)

May 16, 2016 at 10:42 AM
mdude85
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · San Francisco

SFMOMA just opened up a brand new $300M addition after a 2-year closure. Probably worth checking out.

May 17, 2016 at 09:37 AM
ken.vs.ryu
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · San Francisco

which day trips from SF would you recommend?

May 22, 2016 at 11:08 PM
Craig Gillette
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · San Francisco

Our next trip will not be completely planned around photography. I'm going to try to avoid punishing my wife that way. We'll spend some time in and around San Francisco and some up in the wine country and redwoods to the north. (We're driving up from L.A. so will have Big Sur, Monterey, etc. on the way up and back.)

If you haven't been there in 30 years, the de Young (art) and California Academy of Sciences museums have changed substantially - the older classic but earthquake damaged/unsafe older buildings have been replaced. They are in Golden Gate Park which is always a place to visit. We may track down, so to speak, some of the cable car and trolley action. I believe the line running along the harbor/embarcadero runs a variety of historic trolleys from San Francisco and other cities.

There is, finally, the new section of the Bay Bridge open on the east section from Treasure Island to Oakland.

Day trips away? Depends on what interests you. Wine country? Redwoods? Both Sacramento and the Monterey Bay area offer a range of possibilites as well. People try to hit Yosemite but I don't think I'd try that. Maybe a bus trip but then you have little time of your own or optimal times fro photography in the valley area, notwithstanding you aren't driving 4 hours or so both ways.

May 23, 2016 at 01:31 AM
jaehoppa
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · San Francisco

I came to SF yesterday and heading to Point Reyes and Alamere Falls today. Not too far from SF.

May 23, 2016 at 11:45 AM
Timphoto
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · San Francisco

uhoh7 wrote:

Best Museums?

TY Charlie

I'll second the recommendation to go see the "new and improved" SFMOMA.

Also Pier 24 which is free but requires reservations in advance. www.pier24.org They have some excellent photography exhibits and its right under the Bay Bridge so you've got some interesting shots there. Just to the West of it is the SF Fire Dept Boat and the Ferry Building.

May 31, 2016 at 10:48 PM
Timphoto
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · San Francisco

uhoh7 wrote:

Best Museums?

TY Charlie

I'll second the recommendation to go see the "new and improved" SFMOMA.

Also Pier 24 which is free but requires reservations in advance. www.pier24.org They have some excellent photography exhibits and its right under the Bay Bridge so you've got some interesting shots there. Just to the West of it is the SF Fire Dept Boat and the Ferry Building.

May 31, 2016 at 10:48 PM
uhoh7
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · San Francisco

TY guys for replies. Had a fantastic trip.

Saw Cal academy of sci and SFmoma, which were great but totally packed, that was pretty entertaining.

My fav though was Coit tower. SF is such an incredible place I got to get back!

L1048625 by unoh7, on Flickr

L1048640 by unoh7, on Flickr

Top of the Coit by unoh7, on Flickr

L1048662 by unoh7, on Flickr

Jun 02, 2016 at 11:16 AM

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.