New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Quick access to MyMenu?

rabbitmountain
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Quick access to MyMenu?

I have used my new 5D3 for 3 months now. I found myself scrolling through many tabs to finally get to MyMenu. I have looked for a shortcut like a custom function button but none of them provide direct access to it. Anyone found such a thing?

Then I accidentally hit the Q button while in menu mode and I noticed that each press skips to the next menu group. So that means I can access MyMenu within 6 presses or so depending on where I left it the last time. Nice workaround, but could this be faster?

May 14, 2016 at 08:30 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Quick access to MyMenu?

I just leave it on the green star tab at all times. Doesn't it stay there?

EBH

May 14, 2016 at 08:36 AM
rabbitmountain
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Quick access to MyMenu?

EB-1 wrote:
I just leave it on the green star tab at all times. Doesn't it stay there?

EBH

Well it does but as the camera is new to me I am still trying lots of settings, mostly tracking. So until all has become normal and I just need the MyMenu screen it would be nice to have a direct method. Knowing you it's not there or you would have figured it out.

May 14, 2016 at 08:42 AM
msalvetti
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Quick access to MyMenu?

I don't know about the 5DIII, but with the 1DIV, when you are in My Menu, at the bottom you have My Menu Settings. Select the settings, and then the bottom choice is Display from My Menu. Enable that, and whenever you press the Menu button, the screen opens on My Menu.

With the 7DII, My Menu has two screens. Select the second screen, Menu Display, select Display from My Menu tab.

Not sure which of these formats is used for the 5DIII. I would suspect it is like the 7DII, since both cameras have a Q button, and the MkIV does not.

If this setting is Disabled, then pressing Menu always brings you back to the last Menu screen you had selected.

Hope this helps.

Mark

May 14, 2016 at 08:50 AM
Zenon Char
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Quick access to MyMenu?

I don't know of a faster way besides the Q button or My Menu. I suppose Canon could have set it up so it when cycle through them it opens in the the sub menu tab you were previously on. That only happens when you go back into menus again but as soon as you cycle it defaults to the first tab.

You can quickly access custom controls from the LCD monitor - Shooting Function Settings screen. When it is blank and I press the Q button it comes up. Can't remember if that factory or I set it that way.

May 14, 2016 at 09:25 AM
rabbitmountain
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Quick access to MyMenu?

Brilliant Mark, just what I wanted to know. I checked most of the manual and all the custom controls. Forget to look at the MyMenu options themselves. I set the option you suggested and now the menu always opens from the MyMenu tab.

Thanks!

May 14, 2016 at 12:08 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.