Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2016 · Why can't face recognition be implemented in OVF mode?

Zenon Char
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · Why can't face recognition be implemented in OVF mode?

There is not anymore info about Canon's iTR Preview. What we need is this for iTR.

http://photonotes.org/articles/eos-flash/

May 17, 2016 at 10:24 AM
thw2
• • • •
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · Why can't face recognition be implemented in OVF mode?

jctriguy wrote:
How does Sony find the right eye if you don't tell it where to focus? How can that aspect be different than what you are describing with Nikon 3D tracking?

I believe in a number of MILCs such as those from Olympus, Sony and Panasonic, one can indicate one's preference for the right or left eye or the closest eye during face recognition. And the camera does its thing. I know the OMD E-M5 had that feature.

May 17, 2016 at 11:47 AM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · Why can't face recognition be implemented in OVF mode?

Thank you, moderators.

May 18, 2016 at 07:31 AM
thw2
• • • •
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · Why can't face recognition be implemented in OVF mode?

This is an interesting topic. I am glad Nikon has demonstrated that face and eye recognition in OVF can indeed be achieved.

Now, let's hope Canon shows the same uncanny ability of eye tracking in the next upgrade phase for their DSLRs. It's really useful for some people. 6D Mark II?

May 18, 2016 at 10:26 AM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · Why can't face recognition be implemented in OVF mode?

thw2 wrote:
This is an interesting topic. I am glad Nikon has demonstrated that face and eye recognition in OVF can indeed be achieved.

Now, let's hope Canon shows the same uncanny ability of eye tracking in the next upgrade phase for their DSLRs. It's really useful for some people. 6D Mark II?

Nikon's face recognition is reportedly quite good, but as this thread has revealed, recent Canon DSLRs also have face recognition. From some reports it sounds like Nikon's version is more capable than Canon's at this point, though other reports tell us that the Canon implementation is effective and useful in many situations.

If one were trying to decide between camera brands and models, and face recognition (in particular, the ability to lock onto and track an eye) was at the very top of of one's list of must-have features, and Canon did not have compensating advantages for you in other areas, that might convince you to get one of the other brands. Otherwise...

... perhaps a tempest in a teapot?

Dan

Edited on May 20, 2016 at 04:41 PM · View previous versions

May 18, 2016 at 01:55 PM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · Why can't face recognition be implemented in OVF mode?

gdanmitchell wrote:
Nikons face recognition is reportedly quite good, but as this thread has revealed, recent Canon DSLRs also have face recognition.

Having it and it being useful are two different things. Truthfully I haven't heard of the Canon feature which leads me to think its not that useful or we would have seen a lot more conversation about it.

I know the Sony version of eye tracking works very well.

May 18, 2016 at 02:18 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.4 #7 · p.4 #7 · Why can't face recognition be implemented in OVF mode?

MTTRAN's account is now locked. You happy ?
I am not.
He has been a very polite, very considerate and very helpful forum friend of mine for many years.

May 19, 2016 at 03:30 PM
mttran
• • • • •
p.4 #8 · p.4 #8 · Why can't face recognition be implemented in OVF mode?

PetKal wrote:
MTTRAN's account is now locked. You happy ?
I am not.
He has been a very polite, very considerate and very helpful forum friend of mine for many years.

Thank you, Peter. That was what happen when somebodies gang up on you....second times within a month. This time, Fred was stopping by and resolved it. Thank you, Fred.

May 23, 2016 at 07:07 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.4 #9 · p.4 #9 · Why can't face recognition be implemented in OVF mode?

Michael, I am glad to see you back and "unlocked". FM Canon gear forum would not be the same without you.

May 23, 2016 at 07:52 PM
mttran
• • • • •
p.4 #10 · p.4 #10 · Why can't face recognition be implemented in OVF mode?

PetKal wrote:
Michael, I am glad to see you back and "unlocked". FM Canon gear forum would not be the same without you.

Thank you, Peter. It is nice to have friends look after me all these years

May 26, 2016 at 11:56 AM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.