1       2       3              88      
       90              108       109       end

Olympus E-M1 Mk II

mitesh
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.89 #1 · p.89 #1 · Olympus E-M1 Mk II

MedicineMan404 wrote:
Wow! Your bathroom is worth more than everything I own!!!
Gorgeous shots and congratulations on your new home.

Ha! Somehow I doubt that, buddy! Let's see how that camper conversion is coming along!

Mar 19, 2017 at 03:32 PM
bobbytan
• • • • •
p.89 #2 · p.89 #2 · Olympus E-M1 Mk II

No need - thanks! I picked up a copy of the A7R2 so when I have a minute I will take a shot with both cameras to compare. Your kitchen and bathroom are really nice.

mitesh wrote:
Hi Bobby,

Plenty of room, so come on over! I looked back at some a7rii files and I think these compare very favorably. I didn't manipulate these other than some contrast and highlight adjustments, so I can't speak to the malleability of the files. Is there any specific way to present equivalent crops for comparison? I can also send you RAW files for you to look at and comment on.

Mar 19, 2017 at 03:50 PM
savingspaces
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.89 #3 · p.89 #3 · Olympus E-M1 Mk II

mitesh wrote:
Probably just my old habits from shooting FF. Good point to remember next time.

Had a feeling that that was your reasoning. In fact if you have the LR/PS combo, you can focus stack very easily. Leave it at f4 and take 3 shots focusing near/middle /far. Ps will merge those shots and you will have tack sharp results and max DOF. Ps : my wife is from VA Beach. 78th street area

Mar 19, 2017 at 04:20 PM
mitesh
• • • • •
p.89 #4 · p.89 #4 · Olympus E-M1 Mk II

savingspaces wrote:
Had a feeling that that was your reasoning. In fact if you have the LR/PS combo, you can focus stack very easily. Leave it at f4 and take 3 shots focusing near/middle /far. Ps will merge those shots and you will have tack sharp results and max DOF. Ps : my wife is from VA Beach. 78th street area

Yes, good idea. Focus stacking would have been the ideal technique to employ here, and it actually was my intention. Just so happened that I only had a little over an hour between getting the keys and the blessing ceremony to take the photos. I'll give that a try next week when the furniture comes in.

78th St. area is fantastic, totally away from the crowds. We are in the south end, near Pungo.

Mar 19, 2017 at 05:11 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • •
p.89 #5 · p.89 #5 · Olympus E-M1 Mk II

mitesh wrote:
Finally closed on our new house a few days ago and had our blessing ceremony this weekend. Took the opportunity to use the Hi Res feature of the E-M1.2. Of course, it won't show in the web-sized images, but there is tons of detail in the 10368 x 7776 (80.6MP) files!

Congrats on finally getting that house done....that has been a long road!! Looks amazing.

Mar 19, 2017 at 08:20 PM
bobbytan
• • • • •
p.89 #6 · p.89 #6 · Olympus E-M1 Mk II

Did this quick test at the request of savingspaces. Took this image with my A7R2 and the E-M1.2 in High-Res mode. I couldn't really tell the difference in terms of resolution/detail. The color from the Olympus looks a little more true/natural in the warm interior LED lighting. The Sony image has a slight magenta cast. The Sony, of course, should have better low noise/high ISO performance. Bottom line is that the High-Res mode really works when there is no movement at all!

Original Sony

Original Olympus

Sony 100% Crop

Olympus 100% Crop

Mar 21, 2017 at 01:40 AM
savingspaces
• • • •
p.89 #7 · p.89 #7 · Olympus E-M1 Mk II

Thank you very much Bobby! It is good to know that the Hi Res mode is not just a gimmick. Did you try the ISO 64 on the EM1?

Thanks again.

Mar 21, 2017 at 01:50 AM
bobbytan
• • • • •
p.89 #8 · p.89 #8 · Olympus E-M1 Mk II

No.

savingspaces wrote:
Thank you very much Bobby! It is good to know that the Hi Res mode is not just a gimmick. Did you try the ISO 64 on the EM1?

Thanks again.

Mar 21, 2017 at 01:58 AM
whumber
• •
p.89 #9 · p.89 #9 · Olympus E-M1 Mk II

Got my RRS plate for the E-M1ii the other day and it's pretty fantastic. The bare camera feels better than any other mirrorless camera I've used, without a plate that is, but the extra 1/2 inch that the plate adds to the height brings the ergonomics from "decent" to 5D/D800 level awesome. The magnetic allen key storage is pretty cool as well, haven't seen that on any other plates I've had.

Mar 21, 2017 at 02:00 AM
savingspaces
• • • •
p.89 #10 · p.89 #10 · Olympus E-M1 Mk II

bobbytan wrote:
No.

Supposedly there is "no" noise according to some users.

Mar 21, 2017 at 02:04 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

savingspaces
• • • •
p.89 #11 · p.89 #11 · Olympus E-M1 Mk II

whumber wrote:
Got my RRS plate for the E-M1ii the other day and it's pretty fantastic. The bare camera feels better than any other mirrorless camera I've used, without a plate that is, but the extra 1/2 inch that the plate adds to the height brings the ergonomics from "decent" to 5D/D800 level awesome. The magnetic allen key storage is pretty cool as well, haven't seen that on any other plates I've had.

Do you have a shot with it on the EM1?

Mar 21, 2017 at 02:05 AM
mitesh
• • • • •
p.89 #12 · p.89 #12 · Olympus E-M1 Mk II

Bobby,

I understand that one example isn't enough to make definitive statements, but I'd like to ask if would you say you could confidently do your landscape and paid work with your E-M1.2 instead of your a7rii? I see what people like Diego can produce with an m43 camera, and it makes me think, "why would I need more than that if someone else can regularly turn out such great images with it?"

Mar 21, 2017 at 02:17 AM
whumber
• •
p.89 #13 · p.89 #13 · Olympus E-M1 Mk II

savingspaces wrote:
Do you have a shot with it on the EM1?

Mar 21, 2017 at 02:25 AM
savingspaces
• • • •
p.89 #14 · p.89 #14 · Olympus E-M1 Mk II

whumber wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/b9Z8iMzh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/mbGMD7Gh.jpg

Thank you whumber!!!

Mar 21, 2017 at 02:47 AM
savingspaces
• • • •
p.89 #15 · p.89 #15 · Olympus E-M1 Mk II

mitesh wrote:
Bobby,

I understand that one example isn't enough to make definitive statements, but I'd like to ask if would you say you could confidently do your landscape and paid work with your E-M1.2 instead of your a7rii? I see what people like Diego can produce with an m43 camera, and it makes me think, "why would I need more than that if someone else can regularly turn out such great images with it?"

Can't wait to see the answer! Good question!

Mar 21, 2017 at 02:49 AM
bobbytan
• • • • •
p.89 #16 · p.89 #16 · Olympus E-M1 Mk II

savingspaces wrote:
Supposedly there is "no" noise according to some users.

Not true. Here's a 200% crop of the image at ISO 200.

Mar 21, 2017 at 03:23 PM
bobbytan
• • • • •
p.89 #17 · p.89 #17 · Olympus E-M1 Mk II

Absolutely right - you cannot form a definitive conclusion with just one sample - not even a series of samples for that matter, as my test methodology may be very flawed to begin with.

Would I be confident in doing paid landscape work with my E-M1.2 vs the A7R2. That depends on the demands of the client and/or the end use. If you are having to show fine detail in the image and/or make a very large print i.e. upwards of 60" or shoot in low light ... No, I am not confident. But for less demanding work in good light ... Yes.

The High-Res mode is a definite plus to have in situations that work i.e. with no movement. So it has its uses e.g. architectural photography, product photography, some landscape work, etc.

mitesh wrote:
Bobby,

Mar 21, 2017 at 03:31 PM
savingspaces
• • • •
p.89 #18 · p.89 #18 · Olympus E-M1 Mk II

bobbytan wrote:
Not true. Here's a 200% crop of the image at ISO 200.

At ISO 64 not at 200. How is the a7r2 at 200%?

Mar 21, 2017 at 04:25 PM
bobbytan
• • • • •
p.89 #19 · p.89 #19 · Olympus E-M1 Mk II

The RRS plate is really well made, and $80 for the base plate is very reasonable ... but $100 for the L-component is not IMO. I am still waiting to receive my base plate. I believe all newer RRS plates comes with the built-in hex key magnetic storage, which is a nice touch.

whumber wrote:

Mar 21, 2017 at 04:26 PM
bobbytan
• • • • •
p.89 #20 · p.89 #20 · Olympus E-M1 Mk II

savingspaces wrote:
At ISO 64 not at 200. How is the a7r2 at 200%?

A7R2 at 200% and ISO 100.

Mar 21, 2017 at 04:31 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password