Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
3
       4              130       131       end
  

Olympus E-M1 Mk II
  
 
formula4speed
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Olympus E-M1 Mk II


ISO 64, if it's not an expansion could be pretty sweet. Granted I'm still shooting the original E-M5, but there is some noise even at base ISO, wouldn't mind cleaning that up a bit.

Looks solid all around. Might finally consider an upgrade.



Sep 19, 2016 at 06:16 PM
bobbytan
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Olympus E-M1 Mk II


http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2016/09/19/olympus-e-m1-mark-ii-announced-a-pro-level-beast-60-fps-more/



Sep 19, 2016 at 06:18 PM
CarlG
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Olympus E-M1 Mk II


anybody hear anything about price?


Sep 19, 2016 at 06:21 PM
garyvot
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Olympus E-M1 Mk II


They don't seem to mention whether the high res shot mode can be used handheld as rumored... does anyone know?


Sep 19, 2016 at 06:27 PM
Sagar
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Olympus E-M1 Mk II


If they are not mentioning that means it's high probability it may not work handheld. Otherwise don't see a reason why marketing would not brag about such a great USP. Other reason could be it's still under development and Olympus is not yet sure, hence no mention either way.

garyvot wrote:
They don't seem to mention whether the high res shot mode can be used handheld as rumored... does anyone know?




Sep 19, 2016 at 06:47 PM
leo11877
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Olympus E-M1 Mk II


So I guess this will work with legacy 4/3 lenses. There are some good lenses in the 4/3 lineup that will shine with this body.

* Olympus 50mm F/2 ZD Macro
* Olympus 12-60mm
* Olympus 14-35mm F/2
* Olympus 35-100mm F/2
* Olympus 150mm F/2
* Olympus 300mm F/2.8

And so on.



Sep 19, 2016 at 07:05 PM
bobbytan
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Olympus E-M1 Mk II


http://www.getolympus.com/digitalcameras/omd/e-m1-mark-ii.html?utm_content=em1mii&utm_campaign=em_opr_us&utm_source=email_etprm&utm_medium=email&emid=bobby@icla.com



Sep 19, 2016 at 07:06 PM
bobbytan
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Olympus E-M1 Mk II


Apparently they are still working on this, as rumored earlier ....

http://www.43rumors.com/ft4-curiosity-e-m1ii-hand-held-high-resolution-mode/

Sagar wrote:
If they are not mentioning that means it's high probability it may not work handheld. Otherwise don't see a reason why marketing would not brag about such a great USP. Other reason could be it's still under development and Olympus is not yet sure, hence no mention either way.





Sep 19, 2016 at 07:15 PM
Bradphoto
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · Olympus E-M1 Mk II


Did I miss the release date? All I remember hearing was "later this year". I'm guessing the price will be somewhere in the $1600 range?


Sep 19, 2016 at 09:06 PM
Sagar
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · Olympus E-M1 Mk II


You are right. There is no release date. Ideal price should be $1299-$1399, With $1600ish it comes in Fuji XT2/XPro territory where it then could be a hard sell. But agree with you, Olympus have been traditionally costlier than "big" sensor equivalents (PEN-F vs A6300 etc) and very well could list it at $1600ish

On the otherside, it could make EM-1/EM-5 II a great bargain as their prices seems to be dropping. E-M1 with 12-40 is now selling for $1299

Bradphoto wrote:
Did I miss the release date? All I remember hearing was "later this year". I'm guessing the price will be somewhere in the $1600 range?





Sep 19, 2016 at 10:05 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



savingspaces
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · Olympus E-M1 Mk II


Sagar wrote:
If they are not mentioning that means it's high probability it may not work handheld. Otherwise don't see a reason why marketing would not brag about such a great USP. Other reason could be it's still under development and Olympus is not yet sure, hence no mention either way.



It would help if some of you guys would bother to visit Olympus - it is clearly listed as one of the features. Beats speculation when we already know the answer.



Sep 19, 2016 at 10:39 PM
Sagar
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · Olympus E-M1 Mk II


I am sorry no where on Olympus site I could find mentioned that Hi Res mode can be used hand held or takes 1/60 etc time.
Can you please share the link?

savingspaces wrote:
It would help if some of you guys would bother to visit Olympus - it is clearly listed as one of the features. Beats speculation when we already know the answer.




Sep 19, 2016 at 10:48 PM
kwalsh
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · Olympus E-M1 Mk II


formula4speed wrote:
ISO 64, if it's not an expansion could be pretty sweet. Granted I'm still shooting the original E-M5, but there is some noise even at base ISO, wouldn't mind cleaning that up a bit.

Looks solid all around. Might finally consider an upgrade.


According to DPR lowest native ISO is 200 and 64 is an expanded setting.



Sep 19, 2016 at 10:54 PM
savingspaces
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · Olympus E-M1 Mk II


Sagar wrote:
I am sorry no where on Olympus site I could find mentioned that Hi Res mode can be used hand held or takes 1/60 etc time.
Can you please share the link?



I'm working and on iPhone, so can't do it now but someone else will also find it I'm sure. It even talks about light breeze being okay or something like that. And one will be able to extract a 25mp file from the hires shot.



Sep 19, 2016 at 11:06 PM
garyvot
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · Olympus E-M1 Mk II




savingspaces wrote:
I'm working and on iPhone, so can't do it now but someone else will also find it I'm sure. It even talks about light breeze being okay or something like that. And one will be able to extract a 25mp file from the hires shot.


It's not referenced there yet, or I would not have asked the community. Don't be so presumptuous.



Sep 19, 2016 at 11:29 PM
savingspaces
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · Olympus E-M1 Mk II


garyvot wrote:
It's not referenced there yet, or I would not have asked the community. Don't be so presumptuous.


Where do you think I read all the info? And I wasn't talking to you anyway. No need to get too exited. Either way, our pictures suck, not because of any of the new features or lack of them. It is us.



Sep 19, 2016 at 11:46 PM
savingspaces
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · Olympus E-M1 Mk II


image by Thomas Dekany, on Flickr


Sep 20, 2016 at 01:46 AM
leo11877
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · Olympus E-M1 Mk II


In all a great day for Camera gadget freaks. Sony, Olympus, Panasonic FTW!


Sep 20, 2016 at 02:43 AM
Pavel
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · Olympus E-M1 Mk II


Olympus has a knack for coming up with the worst naming conventions imaginable. In all other details (well, except the on/off button) this sound like a seriously important camera for speed freaks. I think the one legacy of this m12 might be in three years that it turned the tables on DSLR's. I wonder if in a few years the sports and action shooters will not be behind the times if they still shoot an old fashioned mirror-hampered bulky beast.

Conventional wisdom may soon be turned on its head. I really don't think that a DSLR can ever match focus and speed performance in the coming times.

It's not a camera that gets me excited in any way, but if I were still shooting motorcycle racing - I sure would be. 60fps? Thats called video, isn't it?

Nice fast camera. It will cause a lot of editing blues. I can see someone, trigger happy, using it to its potential and having to wade through 27,000 frames after a three day racing weekend.



Sep 20, 2016 at 03:12 AM
garyvot
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · Olympus E-M1 Mk II




Pavel wrote:
Olympus has a knack for coming up with the worst naming conventions imaginable. In all other details (well, except the on/off button) this sound like a seriously important camera for speed freaks. I think the one legacy of this m12 might be in three years that it turned the tables on DSLR's. I wonder if in a few years the sports and action shooters will not be behind the times if they still shoot an old fashioned mirror-hampered bulky beast.

Conventional wisdom may soon be turned on its head. I really don't think that a DSLR can ever match focus and
...Show more

Lets not get too far ahead of ourselves. Shooting speed with focus tracking and auto exposure is apparently limited to 18fps (electronic shutter) and 10fps (mechanical). It is also further slowed to 8.5fps with "anti-shock" enabled (whatever that means--presumably IBIS).

And that assumes that focus tracking at these framerates is actually accurate.

We also do not know if the fixed focus 60fps mode includes RAW capture, but it seems likely to me that Olympus is still affected by the laws of physics, which govern memory and storage bandwidth.

The camera is impressive, but lets not bury the action SLRs just yet.



Sep 20, 2016 at 04:06 AM
1       2      
3
       4              130       131       end






FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
3
       4              130       131       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password