New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Need a small fixed lens Canon camera

rrwingnut
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Need a small fixed lens Canon camera

Need a small fixed lens Canon camera that has a view finder and can shoot 5 FPS or more. I don't even know where to start looking for something like this. Shutter lag needs to be fairly quick as well.
Maybe this camera doesn't even exist
Any help would be appreciated!

May 12, 2016 at 04:34 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Need a small fixed lens Canon camera

A GX1 MKII with accessory EVF might tickle your pickle. Or fix (glue) your fav lens on an EOS M3 with EVF. I prefer the accessory EVF over build-in since it tilts and allows easy ground level shooting. If you're willing to venture outside Canonland there's a lot more choices including build-in EVF.

May 12, 2016 at 05:18 PM
rrwingnut
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Need a small fixed lens Canon camera

Thanks Gochugogi
Thinking that add on would make it cumbersome

May 12, 2016 at 07:19 PM
rrwingnut
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Need a small fixed lens Canon camera

Might consider another brand....Would rather keep all that I have in the Canon family

May 12, 2016 at 07:21 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Need a small fixed lens Canon camera

I used a tilt EVF on my two Pens and it wasn't cumbersome at all as the darn thing was so tiny and easy to remove if desired. For street shooting and candids most people ignored me when using the EVF vertically like a video camera. I guess they thought I was studying my shoes.

May 12, 2016 at 07:25 PM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Need a small fixed lens Canon camera

rrwingnut wrote:
Might consider another brand....Would rather keep all that I have in the Canon family

What advantage do you see keeping within the Canon family? I would definitely look at what other brands are offering...not doing so just limits your options.

When I was looking for a fixed lens compact camera, I found the Fuji X100 miles ahead of what Canon was offering for my needs.

May 12, 2016 at 08:24 PM
scalesusa
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Need a small fixed lens Canon camera

Go to a camera store and see what you like. Small Camera is a relative term, so find the size you like. 5 FPS might be a little tougher, and finding a user interface you can live with is important as are viewfinders, etc. Be prepared to pay more than a entry level DSLR.

May 14, 2016 at 02:44 AM
BasilSavage

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Need a small fixed lens Canon camera

I agree with Chez, lots of good alternates to Canon's small camera offerings. I've had the Panasonic LX100 for 18 months. It's a good bit of kit, great EVF, DSLR like controls and a nice 24-75 F1.8-2.8 lens. It shoots 11 FPS. I'm pretty happy with IQ. You could also look at the RX100's which have a higher resolution than the 16/12.6 MP of the LX but the controls are much more finicky. One day the M's will be worth getting but they are not quite there for me yet.

May 14, 2016 at 02:37 PM
Alexluu627
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Need a small fixed lens Canon camera

Look no further zeiss otus 55mm f1.4

May 14, 2016 at 05:16 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Need a small fixed lens Canon camera

rrwingnut wrote:
Need a small fixed lens Canon camera that has a view finder and can shoot 5 FPS or more.

Why does it have to be a CANON ?
if its a small fixed lens camera it can be any brand . the only reason for a canon one would be the ability to use a canon flash (which you probably already have ) . if thats the case then while not fixed lens the EOS M with a prime on would be a good choice . the M3 does 4 fps

if the flash isn't needed then any other brand will be fine

May 15, 2016 at 01:16 AM
asiafish
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Need a small fixed lens Canon camera

G5x?

Jun 13, 2016 at 08:06 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.