New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · New 1Dx II deal from B&H

Herb
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · New 1Dx II deal from B&H

In addition to the kit (card and reader) they are also including 4 TB portable hard drive....soon they will be including 400 DO! All for $5999!

May 10, 2016 at 10:00 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · New 1Dx II deal from B&H

Herb wrote:
In addition to the kit (card and reader) they are also including 4 TB portable hard drive....soon they will be including 400 DO! All for $5999!

Herb, that is funny.

For those folks who can wait, I feel there will be an increasing number of goodies (incentives) included with the 1DXII purchase, particularly so in our country, where Canon Canada might have grossly overestimated the consumer's willingness to take a price shaft up where the Sun don't shine.

May 11, 2016 at 05:38 AM
mikeinctown
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · New 1Dx II deal from B&H

I'm not sure how many people were affected, but B&H struck a nerve with a few people as their pre-orders didn't ship when they were supposed to and those people cancelled and went elsewhere. (and got their cameras next day with a free battery added on)

Though i think many if not most people would still rather have a free battery rather than a hard drive.

May 11, 2016 at 07:51 AM
ggreene
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · New 1Dx II deal from B&H

Gadget fever running wild!

Seriously, how many pre-order ship dates are ever that accurate? It's always nebulous territory. The original 1DX was far worse on initial release.

May 11, 2016 at 08:08 AM
rraghu75

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · New 1Dx II deal from B&H

Call B&H and they will ship out the hard drive for those who pre-ordered. I did not want to have the hard drive, so they issued a credit for $149 that i applied to a spare battery instead. B&H comes thru with great customer service.

May 11, 2016 at 08:31 AM
BPDsas67

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · New 1Dx II deal from B&H

I just called B&H to try and get the hook up on deal...No Dice! ...Rep didnt know what I was talking about...nothing is listed on Web site...

May 11, 2016 at 10:06 AM
Herb
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · New 1Dx II deal from B&H

BPDsas67 wrote:
I just called B&H to try and get the hook up on deal...No Dice! ...Rep didnt know what I was talking about...nothing is listed on Web site...

Yup, it is down now....they must have figured out that all the pre-orders would be knocking on their door. When we are beyond a reasonable amount of time I would suspect that deal will go back up.....

May 11, 2016 at 12:19 PM
mikeinctown
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · New 1Dx II deal from B&H

rraghu75 wrote:
B&H comes thru with great customer service.

Not according to the two people who posted just below you. lol So you give $150 in credit to everyone who spent $6,000 on a product that was sold before they even hit the dock doors. and that is just too difficult apparently. SMH

May 11, 2016 at 12:33 PM
Alex Phan
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · New 1Dx II deal from B&H

I still prefer the deal of $5800 premium kit. $200 cold cash upfront saving.

May 11, 2016 at 12:59 PM
M. Best
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · New 1Dx II deal from B&H

I'm waiting for the 5 years no interest promotion. 😎

May 11, 2016 at 06:20 PM
netexpress
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · New 1Dx II deal from B&H

mikeinctown wrote:
Not according to the two people who posted just below you. lol So you give $150 in credit to everyone who spent $6,000 on a product that was sold before they even hit the dock doors. and that is just too difficult apparently. SMH

They told me they might give me the credit if I can provide the order number of another person who got the credit. That I don't have. So no soup for me!

May 11, 2016 at 06:21 PM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · New 1Dx II deal from B&H

The first time it's 5k I'm in.

May 11, 2016 at 10:50 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · New 1Dx II deal from B&H

RobertLynn wrote:
The first time it's 5k I'm in.

So am I.......I mean $5k CDN.

May 12, 2016 at 03:12 AM
Zenon Char
• • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · New 1Dx II deal from B&H

That might take a very long time. You can't even get a new 1DX for 5k CND. Used is about 4k.

May 12, 2016 at 07:19 AM
thebmrust
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · New 1Dx II deal from B&H

I'll be able to get one sometime in 2024-26... I was still using the 1DmkIIn until this year. 😳

May 12, 2016 at 11:45 AM
Zenon Char
• • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · New 1Dx II deal from B&H

thebmrust wrote:
I'll be able to get one sometime in 2024-26... I was still using the 1DmkIIn until this year. 😳

By then we will be able to replace an eyeball with a 204, 800 ISO cam and 10 to 1200mm zoom. Made by the Talon technology.

May 12, 2016 at 11:57 AM
thebmrust
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · New 1Dx II deal from B&H

I won't be able to afford that either HHAHAHAA ROFL

Zenon Char wrote:
By then we will be able to replace an eyeball with a 204, 800 ISO cam and 10 to 1200mm zoom. Made by the Talon technology.

May 12, 2016 at 05:21 PM
Zenon Char
• • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · New 1Dx II deal from B&H

thebmrust wrote:
I won't be able to afford that either HHAHAHAA ROFL

May 12, 2016 at 05:33 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · New 1Dx II deal from B&H

PetKal wrote:
Herb, that is funny.

For those folks who can wait, I feel there will be an increasing number of goodies (incentives) included with the 1DXII purchase, particularly so in our country, where Canon Canada might have grossly overestimated the consumer's willingness to take a price shaft up where the Sun don't shine.

Ha ha, come to Australia where RRP is $9.5K and cheapest I've seen is $8.8K. Canon don't care, in face of dire sales they and Nikon massively raised prices as the obvious solution to the crisis. The lunatics are running the asylum.

I'll keep my 1DX for a long long time. Given the apparently lame specs of the 5DIV I may not be buying another Canon DSLR for a few years, until 5Ds II or 7D III comes out.

May 12, 2016 at 07:23 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.