New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Senior Portrait (Headshot) CC

Matt Hoffart
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Senior Portrait (Headshot) CC

Here is a headshot from one of our latest senior clients. We call it "Circles".

C&C always welcome!

May 10, 2016 at 10:32 AM
Bob Kane
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Senior Portrait (Headshot) CC

Please take my comments with a grain of salt--I don't shoot portraits and studio lighting is terra incognita to me. That said, this is an intriguing and direct portrait and I like it a lot. Some small things do bother me, though. The upper eyelashes, presumably false, are a real distraction. You will get fifty comments about the ring catchlights pro and con; they don't work for me. Her skin is perhaps too flawless, and I would prefer to see more separation of background and hair. Lastly, would you consider a) a really tight facial crop or b) a looser crop to show more hands? But these are nits--I would have been happy to take it.

May 10, 2016 at 04:08 PM
Matt Hoffart
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Senior Portrait (Headshot) CC

Thanks for the comments! Her skin is pretty natural actually. Just minor minor blemish removal. No crazy softening or anything like that. I see what you mean with the eyelash (on her left eye) (looking at her its the right side). It's more dominate then the other. I'm notorious for shooting tight and cropping tighter. This type of crop I like and don't. I like it a little looser because that's what seniors and parents like, but I like tighter so its a middle ground.. However! I also find myself cropping even tighter when I go to use it for personal promo. I have been shooting this style shot for our last 4-7 seniors or so and it has been the #1 seller hands down and gets all the "oooh and ahhh's" during the ordering appointment.The general look of the way we have been shooting this image is moody with attitude and darker.

Here is another image, however not a final edit. Was shot in a hotel lobby, after many many drinks. Both the photog and model! lol! (fun times) (Yes, I know about the skin)

May 10, 2016 at 04:40 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.