New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Looking for a bag insert

finn4489

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Looking for a bag insert

I am looking for something to fit 2 lenses in that I can put in a backpack similar to the Tenba BYOB10 or a backpack to go hiking with that can hold 2 lenses. I have looked at the Tenba BYOB10 and it just isn't quite big enough but the BYOB 13 is too big for the daypacks I am looking at. I looked at one of the Lowpro bags that has a lower side insert section and it is too small as well. It needs to fit either a 70-200 f2.8 or a 100-400 f4.5-5.6 IS II and one other lens side by side. The Tenba is about 1/2 an inch too short to fit the 70-200 vertically and laying it sideways I cannot fit another lens in. Looking for suggestions on this.

I will mostly be using it to carry 2 smaller lenses with say the 100-400 on the camera but need it to fit if I change to one of the other lenses. I have looked at individual lens bags and don't overly like that idea as I would need to cary one extra to fit the large lens in addition to the smaller ones for the other lenses.

May 08, 2016 at 09:05 PM
zephyres
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Looking for a bag insert

I am using the mountain smith kit cube for couple years now. Very good quality see if it meets your needs.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1024929-REG/mountainsmith_14_81190_65_kit_cube_anvil_bag.html

May 08, 2016 at 10:00 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Looking for a bag insert

There's the Timbuk2 Snoop insert. It comes in two sizes:

http://www.timbuk2.com/snoop-camera-insert/678-4-2000.html

May 09, 2016 at 03:29 AM
drewmey
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Looking for a bag insert

They are always (even coming from someone who owns their bags and inserts) a little overpriced and over-hyped. But you can't deny that FStop does have a lot of options to consider. Small, medium, large, XL etc. And then you can also consider shallow, sloped and pro (tall).

FStop ICU's

EDIT: They also state both internal dimensions and external dimensions of their ICU's under technical details which is useful when trying to determine which option is best for you. If the one you want is on back order, I'd say skip it or prepare to be extremely patient.

May 09, 2016 at 01:39 PM
BijouxandBeads
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Looking for a bag insert

While the f-stop ICU units are great, they do open from the front, not the top, so take that into account, depending on how your backpack opens.

I also like the Timbuk 2 units, if the size is right. I have an extra small that I don't think could take a 70-200 f2.8 and still zip, much less two lenses

You could also check out Wotancraft - they have four sizes of their "lightweight" insert and three sizes of their waterproof insert. Shipping is pretty quick and I believe cost is included in the price of items. I had no issues getting items from overseas from them. Superior quality.

Be sure to check if the size insert you want will fit in your backpack too.

May 09, 2016 at 04:37 PM
Vcook
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Looking for a bag insert

I've been using this in my northface backpack for those days I want to take my camera with me on my work commute. It takes up a lot of the bag but holds a decent amount and provides some good padding.

http://www.amazon.com/BESTEK-Universal-Protective-Waterproof-Shockproof/dp/B00J3PI6BS?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

May 09, 2016 at 04:43 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.