New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Epson 4800 woes

kurt765
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Epson 4800 woes

I received an Epson 4800 awhile back as a gift. It had not been used in some time and the roller was missing. I was skeptical that it would work at all based on my experience with the way previous Epson printers I've had over the years have had clogged heads to no end.
As it turned out, the printer performed flawlessly. And it has with my occasional printing until just recently.

Now prints come out with nasty roller marks across the front and smudges of ink in the back. I thought maybe because the maintenance tank was almost full that this might have been an issue, but I just replaced it and it's still doing it. Further inspection inside shows the main culprit roller on the front of the image (red arrow) has ink on it. I don't know how it got there. I don't know how to clean it.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues? Although I got the printer at an unbeatable price, I've bought a few hundred $$ of ink for it, so I really would like to repair it.

Nasty roller mark across the front

Ink smudges on the back

The main roller culprit in the front

May 08, 2016 at 04:44 PM
kdphotography
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Epson 4800 woes

I've got an old 4800 that won't die ---I use her only for greeting cards. The old printers are much more accessible and easier to dig into. It sounds like you just need to clean the rollers.... (Hot-warmish water or even windex and swab-bits. Probably wouldn't hurt to give a general cleaning on the innards of an old printer...

May 09, 2016 at 08:46 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.