New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Fanciful view of Cows in a Field

Linda Shorey
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fanciful view of Cows in a Field

I'd be grateful for any feedback and suggestions. Thanks!

Nik Color Efex infrared filter, among other edits.

May 08, 2016 at 09:38 AM
tomandmarj
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fanciful view of Cows in a Field

an interesting experiment.
with my IR camera I once tried to shoot brown and white cows in a very green field, just to see if I could capture the brown spots by themselves. interesting idea but the camera sees is differently. that is one of the joys of IR - I don't know what am are getting until the final click!
keep playing, tom

May 08, 2016 at 10:59 AM
Linda Shorey
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fanciful view of Cows in a Field

tomandmarj wrote:
an interesting experiment.
with my IR camera I once tried to shoot brown and white cows in a very green field, just to see if I could capture the brown spots by themselves. interesting idea but the camera sees is differently. that is one of the joys of IR - I don't know what am are getting until the final click!
keep playing, tom

I could see getting addicted to IR photography - but then I'm already addicted to so many other aspects, including playful pp Thanks for your visit, Tom!

May 08, 2016 at 12:48 PM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fanciful view of Cows in a Field

Interesting Linda. Great to see this unusual processing. I have come back to this several times, always a good sign IMO. I love the moving cow on the bottom. I wish you had a bit more separation of the cow under the tree and in the deep shadow on the right

some suggestions, for what it' worth:
eliminate the white spot along the right edge amidst the blackness; maybe spot out some of the other white spots in the blackness upper left
maybe crop down a third to half of the blackness? ( I am assuming it is sky)

I'd like to see more images with this kind of processing

Scott

May 09, 2016 at 06:18 AM
Linda Shorey
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Fanciful view of Cows in a Field

sbeme wrote:
Interesting Linda. Great to see this unusual processing. I have come back to this several times, always a good sign IMO. I love the moving cow on the bottom. I wish you had a bit more separation of the cow under the tree and in the deep shadow on the right

some suggestions, for what it' worth:
eliminate the white spot along the right edge amidst the blackness; maybe spot out some of the other white spots in the blackness upper left
maybe crop down a third to half of the blackness? ( I am assuming it is sky)

I'd like to see more
...Show more

Thanks so much for taking the time to re-visit and offer suggestions, Scott. Part of the confusing (fanciful?) nature is the top part is shadows from tall evergreens. The field rises into woods on a steep hillside just beyond that shadow area. I will work this some more and see what comes out. Thanks again!

May 09, 2016 at 07:28 AM
Bob Jarman
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Fanciful view of Cows in a Field

As others indicate, and interesting image.

I like the stark contrast and composition balancing the sky and other black objects against the white background.

Fun to look at,

Regards,

Bob

May 09, 2016 at 09:16 AM
Linda Shorey
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Fanciful view of Cows in a Field

Bob Jarman wrote:
As others indicate, and interesting image.

I like the stark contrast and composition balancing the sky and other black objects against the white background.

Fun to look at,

Regards,

Bob

Thank you kindly, Bob!

May 09, 2016 at 09:20 AM
beavens
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Fanciful view of Cows in a Field

Ultra contrasty, impossible not to grab one's attention! This has a very surreal, dreamlike quality to it.

This is an extreme result that I would not have been able to find personally, so thank you for broadening my horizons!

Cheers,

Jeff

May 09, 2016 at 09:47 AM
Linda Shorey
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Fanciful view of Cows in a Field

beavens wrote:
Ultra contrasty, impossible not to grab one's attention! This has a very surreal, dreamlike quality to it.

This is an extreme result that I would not have been able to find personally, so thank you for broadening my horizons!

Cheers,

Jeff

Thank you kindly, Jeff!

May 09, 2016 at 02:55 PM

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.