New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Godox 860 version II

jskintauy

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Godox 860 version II

Hi All,

I haven't posted here before on this forum. I saw something that interested me and thought it might interest you. For sometime, I have been using Yongnuo radio transceivers with my Nikon and Metz flashes. I absolutely love them. They have never misfired and both manual and TTL work great. What I have wanted for awhile was to get a flash with a radio transceiver built in (Like the Canon and Yongnuo 600's). Yongnuo recently introduced their YN-685 for Nikon and that looks like a good solution.
While looking around, I saw an announcement for a Godox 860 II. I have seen the version 1 in action and really liked the lithium battery and fast recharge times. I was not really tempted as my existing system works fine. That said, version II of the unit has a built in transceiver. This got me to look a little further and I discovered they have a radio controller similar to the Yongnuo 622 TX that can beautifully control their transceivers. So, assuming this all works well, the Godox 860 II with controller would give you these advantages:

1. TTL flash with HSS. (use manual a lot, but when I need HSS use TTL)
2. Fast recycle and long life lithium battery
3. Built in transceiver for easy setup
4. Easy to configure central control from the camera

This sound very appealing!

Let me know your thoughts.

May 05, 2016 at 07:38 PM
artmaseda
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Godox 860 version II

I'm just waiting for the Sony's version, they already release the 685 model for Sony but I'm tired of carrying AA batteries.
These flashes with the Ad 360 ii will be my on go setup

May 05, 2016 at 10:01 PM
a2rob
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Godox 860 version II

Cheetahstand.com will have these in stock on June 20!! I got to play with the 860IIS for sony last week along with the new X1Ts trigger system for Sony....

May 05, 2016 at 10:56 PM
a2rob
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Godox 860 version II

I believe the GN is 60 with built in TX/RX, TTL and HSS, the recycle is 1.5sec at 1/1 and the battery is good for 650 1/1 pops and maintains a constant charge during use, (hope I stated that correctly).

May 05, 2016 at 11:01 PM
Mark_L
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Godox 860 version II

LCD looks like a huge step up

May 06, 2016 at 05:13 AM
dmward
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Godox 860 version II

The speedlite will work with other manufacturer specific speedlites in the proprietary optical wireless mode.
The real value is the Lithium Battery and the X system TTL control.
Its a great system that offers other, more powerful, lights as well.

The Sony version I tested, as well as the TT685s, will control 3 groups in addition to the Master (itself). Think Canon 600EX-RT Gr mode if you're a Canon shooter.

May 06, 2016 at 08:21 AM
jskintauy

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Godox 860 version II

Do you know if these new 860 IIs can be controlled with a Yongnuo YN622TX. If so, it would save the expense of purchasing the X1 controller. It seems like it should work as it works fine with my other TTL flashes, but would love to have it confirmed. Thanks ahead for any info on this.

May 06, 2016 at 08:34 AM
a2rob
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Godox 860 version II

jskintauy wrote:
Do you know if these new 860 IIs can be controlled with a Yongnuo YN622TX. If so, it would save the expense of purchasing the X1 controller. It seems like it should work as it works fine with my other TTL flashes, but would love to have it confirmed. Thanks ahead for any info on this.

sorry I do not believe so. this is two entirely different systems!!

May 06, 2016 at 11:17 AM
a2rob
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Godox 860 version II

Good just announced their new XT-32 trigger!!

XT32

May 06, 2016 at 11:19 AM
Jay Ford
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Godox 860 version II

That form factor does not look attractive compared to the svelte X1. What's supposed to be improved?

May 06, 2016 at 12:54 PM
dmward
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Godox 860 version II

Jay Ford wrote:
That form factor does not look attractive compared to the svelte X1. What's supposed to be improved?

Its not an improvement. Its a non-TTL trigger for the X system. Supports HSS and more groups.
Will also have other features. One significant feature will be a masking capability. Maybe the UNIT/ALT feature that is currently implemented in the AD600. No work on how it will work, just a suggestion that it will be included in a firmware update.

May 07, 2016 at 08:31 AM
Mark_L
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Godox 860 version II

Jay Ford wrote:

Built in af assist and LCD. Form factor is in-line with profoto's air triggers.

May 07, 2016 at 08:53 AM
Jay Ford
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Godox 860 version II

Okay. The only difference I'm seeing is the X1T currently supports only 5 groups, and the form factor, which rises just 1 3/4" over the camera, allowing a pass-through hotshoe (handy for remote system bridging). Everything else is there, and I'm assuming more groups and masking could be added by firmware updates. I use them on manual flashes.

Covering all the bases, maybe. I like the tiny and unobtrusive form factor, but that's personal preference.

May 08, 2016 at 10:12 AM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.