New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Digital Art, Smartphone & Abstract | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · composite art from smartphone

apsphoto
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · composite art from smartphone

HI all,

Here is some art work done with some phone images, a Galaxy S7 and then composited and edited and generated on an ipad. This is something completely different for me, a challenge and an experiment and way of doing something completely different...(apologies to M.P.). Still learning and trying various apps. A lot of this was started because I fractured a vertebrae and have really been able to get out and do more traditional photography. I am supposed to walk some now and so I can drive somewhere and snap a few photos and then edit them at home later. So been very educational, especially working out a workflow from Android to iPad to pc and maintain some sort of catalog and order. Here is the first piece, called "Days gone past..."

Days gone by..... by Alan Smallbone, on Flickr

And the second work along a similar theme:
home comfort.... by Alan Smallbone, on Flickr

Some of the apps on the ipad have annoying feature of downsizing images without notifying you or asking. So all part of the learning process. Thanks for looking and welcome any criticism or comments.
Alan

May 04, 2016 at 10:33 AM
caralan9
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · composite art from smartphone

Hi Alan,

I like these very much. I have played with textured backgrounds and bird brushes before - all good fun - esp if you can't get out much

Wishing you a speedy recovery

Cheers

Alan

May 18, 2016 at 01:24 AM
LDeVose2

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · composite art from smartphone

First impression is that the first one really drew me in.

Then I noticed the common theme of the birds. What was your message with them. They are the most prominent constant in both. Are they an metaphoric self-portrait?

May 18, 2016 at 08:25 PM
apsphoto
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · composite art from smartphone

Thanks for the comments. The birds just seemed to fit. What seems to be more metaphoric for me was the astronomy hints, the moon and Saturn. These are just explorations and a chance to explore avenues that I have never explored.

Thanks for looking and the comments, much appreciated and things to think about. Thanks!

Alan

May 18, 2016 at 10:29 PM
Wheeeler

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · composite art from smartphone

Really nice work, Alan
What app did you use?

May 19, 2016 at 04:25 AM
apsphoto
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · composite art from smartphone

Wheeler I used several apps, Elasticam, Alien Sky, Superimpose, Forumlas, Distressed FX, Filterstorm Neue. Not in that order. A lot of just trying different things to see what works.

Thanks for the comments.

Alan

May 19, 2016 at 01:36 PM

FM Forums | Digital Art, Smartphone & Abstract | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.