New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Cabo San Lucas

bkp944
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Cabo San Lucas

Going to Cabo San Lucas soon. Any advice for good photo opportunities?

Thanks!

May 02, 2016 at 09:33 PM
ckcarr
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Cabo San Lucas

Cabo is a drinking, fishing, and partying town. Not an idyllic photographers dream. There is El Arco.. Which is their version of Delicate Arch. Hire a boat to take you out. Other than that, sunset is best observed like in a Corona commercial... Or drinking Sammy Hagar's tequila.

May 04, 2016 at 09:09 AM
bkp944
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Cabo San Lucas

Thanks for the advice, that's pretty much what I've found out elsewhere. I'll take a minimum of camera equipment and concentrate on drinking

May 04, 2016 at 10:04 AM
srkerd

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Cabo San Lucas

I don't know when you are going but I was there beginning of April and I hate myself for not taking a good lens for night photos. I woke up at 4am with no moon and milky way was visible naked eye...

Check out the light pollution map,it is minimal (depending on where you are staying) and if you shoot towards the dark...

May 15, 2016 at 07:22 PM
bkp944
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Cabo San Lucas

As a followup -

Taking a water taxi around El Arco, Lover's and Divorce Beaches, etc. was worthwhile. The water and skies were beautiful.

Too much light pollution where we were staying. Couldn't get any good night shots.

© bkp944 2016

Lover's Beach

© bkp944 2016

El Arco

Jul 01, 2016 at 10:42 AM
ckcarr
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Cabo San Lucas

El Arco. When I was into scuba diving we dove below there. There's a wreck down there. When I first went to Cabo they were building that marina. It was deserted and eerie. The town seemed lit with 25 watt bulbs... The second time, it was insane... But fun. The third time was cool but getting boring, although I caught a huge Wahoo (or seemed huge to me) - I didn't realize how rare that was at the time. I like Mexico. Wish it wasn't so messed up.

Jul 03, 2016 at 06:13 PM
bkp944
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Cabo San Lucas

For us, it's a "been there, down that" kind of thing for Cabo. I think the next Mexican trip will be to Puerto Vallarta.

Jul 03, 2016 at 11:20 PM

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.