Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Looking for a D500

What SD card has the fastest write speed with a 128gb or 256gb capacity

May 03, 2016 at 10:53 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Looking for a D500

the one thats no where near that of a XQD card. the larger your capacity in any card then the card tends to start slowing down.

did you watch the D500 video on pg 1?

the 2000x Lexar UHS- II
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1191363-REG/lexar_lsd128crbna2000r_pro_2000x_uhs_2.html

May 03, 2016 at 11:58 AM
iamjoenish
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Looking for a D500

I've owned two of the 32GB 2000x Lexar UHS-ii cards. Both have failed on me. One during a shoot and the other while importing. Contacted Lexar for a replacement and got back and forth emails with three different representatives asking the same questions. The worst part of it is that "the average turnaround time is 14-21 working days"

May 03, 2016 at 12:35 PM
KHAWACHEN
• •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Looking for a D500

I have been using the "cheap price" Transcend SD 16GB 32GB for many years on Canon 5D3, 6D and they never failed on me. One time I found one of the Transcend card in dryer..so it went through washer also. That card still works fine!

I hope I have the same luck withe 10x more expensive Lexar XQD card!

iamjoenish wrote:
I've owned two of the 32GB 2000x Lexar UHS-ii cards. Both have failed on me. One during a shoot and the other while importing. Contacted Lexar for a replacement and got back and forth emails with three different representatives asking the same questions. The worst part of it is that "the average turnaround time is 14-21 working days"

May 03, 2016 at 01:37 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Looking for a D500

iamjoenish wrote:

I've been running them in my D7200 for 4 months now. Working fine

May 03, 2016 at 02:28 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Looking for a D500

KHAWACHEN wrote:
I have been using the "cheap price" Transcend SD 16GB 32GB for many years on Canon 5D3, 6D and they never failed on me. One time I found one of the Transcend card in dryer..so it went through washer also. That card still works fine!

I hope I have the same luck withe 10x more expensive Lexar XQD card!

Are the UHS-II cards? If not they are substantially slower and thus will impede the operation of a high speed camera such as this that is designed to use the UHS- II card

your statement of concern for the XQD card and its price is amusing in that it cost is so small compared to the camera. really, i think you're "luck" will be better in addition to the increased performance. even the UHS-II SD cards don't come near the XQD ones.

May 03, 2016 at 02:32 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Looking for a D500

iamjoenish wrote:

could have resolved it with 1 simple phone call.

May 03, 2016 at 02:59 PM
RoyC
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Looking for a D500

sjms wrote:
I've been running them in my D7200 for 4 months now. Working fine

But the D7200 is not a UHS-II compliant body. You are using the backward compliant part of that card.

May 03, 2016 at 03:00 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Looking for a D500

that is correct not as quick as it is designed to work at. and?

we have no info on what the other gentleman used his on that failed. i also have some 1000x UHS-II ones that work just fine too just not as quick.

there weren't too many devices out that really support the use of second row of contacts. it is just now really coming out of the darkness. but i knew that i'd end up with one or two that did.

May 03, 2016 at 03:03 PM
elkhornsun
• • • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Looking for a D500

The D500 has such a large buffer that I would not worry about the cards. Even with 45 MB/s write cards one should be able to get 40 shots before having the camera slow down. How many times have you wanted or needed to shoot 40 shots in 4 seconds?

For the critters at Yellowstone a D7100 or D7200 is plenty good enough.

May 04, 2016 at 12:11 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Looking for a D500

with a 633x UHS-1 ( 45MB/s write capable) you seem get 29 shots before it physically starts to slow down and really is no longer a smooth linear frame rate and then takes 20s to clear the buffer.
the UHS-II hits 40 and starts to decay but clears the buffer substantially faster

for it to reach actual 40 shots it (UHS-I) takes 10s because its down to buffer decay.

watch the video.

depending on the "critters" and their actions and the user needs/wants may vary.

and, of course, depending on how you have your cameras setup these numbers will vary.

May 04, 2016 at 05:22 AM
RoyC
• • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Looking for a D500

sjms wrote:
that is correct not as quick as it is designed to work at. and?

we have no info on what the other gentleman used his on that failed. i also have some 1000x UHS-II ones that work just fine too just not as quick.

there weren't too many devices out that really support the use of second row of contacts. it is just now really coming out of the darkness. but i knew that i'd end up with one or two that did.

I have a Lexar SDXC UHS-II 2000X 64GB card, it is 300MB/s and if it is in the D500, whether being written to or not, whether it is the only card or with an XQD, the D500 will give me error messages.

I have a SanDisk 32 GB SDHC UHS-II 280MB/s card and there are no errors when I am using it.

Both cards have/use the two rows of pins.

This is what little I know.

May 04, 2016 at 06:38 AM
Douglas L
• • • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Looking for a D500

Amazon has the $1750 warehouse deal for the D500. Maybe returned items. Not sure how long it is going to last.

May 04, 2016 at 07:00 AM
chatcher
• •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Looking for a D500

kdrk888 wrote:
Amazon has the $1750 warehouse deal for the D500. Maybe returned items. Not sure how long it is going to last.

Not long, apparently!

May 04, 2016 at 07:40 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Looking for a D500

RoyC wrote:
I have a Lexar SDXC UHS-II 2000X 64GB card, it is 300MB/s and if it is in the D500, whether being written to or not, whether it is the only card or with an XQD, the D500 will give me error messages.

I have a SanDisk 32 GB SDHC UHS-II 280MB/s card and there are no errors when I am using it.

Both cards have/use the two rows of pins.

This is what little I know.
sound like the 64GB is a problem

well UHS-II cards will have the 2 rows

May 04, 2016 at 11:47 AM
jmjuhl
• •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Looking for a D500

I just found one sort of locally here in Texas by taking the Nikon dealer list off their website and calling all of the Texas based dealers and asking if they had them in stock...half expected to get laughed at. After 3 or 4 calls I almost fell over when I found one in stock in Austin with nobody's name on it...they even offered free shipping to save me the drive so will have one in my hands tomorrow.

Got tired of staring at a grip, XQD card, and battery with nowhere to go.

May 05, 2016 at 10:48 AM
DaveOls
• • • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Looking for a D500

I think that I would drive to Austin from Houston just to insure that it did not get lost or damaged in the mail. It's not a bad drive, we did it a number of times when our son was at UT. A lot of places to stop and take shots to make sure that the camera is functioning properly.

May 06, 2016 at 05:58 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Looking for a D500

I had a job to do down in DC so District Camera held on to it. I picked it up loaded it in store and it went right to work. a 4 hr drive not wasted and got 2 things done with one ride.

May 06, 2016 at 06:50 AM
bobmcg
• •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Looking for a D500

I ordered one from B&H a few weeks back. Henry, can you share any information on the status of order backlogs at B&H? Thanks in advance.

May 06, 2016 at 07:39 AM
jmjuhl
• •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · Looking for a D500

DaveOls wrote:
I think that I would drive to Austin from Houston just to insure that it did not get lost or damaged in the mail. It's not a bad drive, we did it a number of times when our son was at UT. A lot of places to stop and take shots to make sure that the camera is functioning properly.

I was going to but couldn't break away from work in time to make it to Austin before the store closed. Came back from lunch today and had it sitting on my desk at work with no damage and in perfect working order.

May 06, 2016 at 01:29 PM
       3       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.