New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Provence in mid May

GroovyGeek
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Provence in mid May

Have a trip planned with my wife to Provence in mid May, as a side trip tacked onto a business trip to Europe. My wife has, undoubtedly, planned to visit every village and church under the sun, and from the little reading I have done it seems that there are many, many of them. I am debating whether to even bring anything more than a P&S since the photo ops are likely to be of the kind I don't particularly enjoy. The $1M question is whether there are any side trips I can take on a morning here or evening there. Gordes du Verdon is a possibility, but it seems enough out of the way that it may not be near the route that my wife has laid out. Parc de Luberon is likely near stuff that is already on her itinerary, as there are a number of villages around that appear on various travel lists (Loumarin, Lacoste, Menerbes, etc). Anything else I should be on the lookout for? Just to clarify - lavender fields, doors, churches, cobble stones, cafes, and cigarette smoking old people do nothing for me. I tolerate them in the name of marital bliss :-)

May 01, 2016 at 12:48 AM
Sharona
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Provence in mid May

GroovyGeek wrote:
Have a trip planned with my wife to Provence in mid May, as a side trip tacked onto a business trip to Europe. My wife has, undoubtedly, planned to visit every village and church under the sun, and from the little reading I have done it seems that there are many, many of them. I am debating whether to even bring anything more than a P&S since the photo ops are likely to be of the kind I don't particularly enjoy. The $1M question is whether there are any side trips I can take on a morning here or evening
...Show more

What kind of photography do you enjoy? You might be surprised at what is there to photograph. You should take a photo or two of an old alleyway or door for your wife! :-) I have been there in May. Lavender doesn't bloom until about July, so I hope she's not counting on that. Otherwise, there are other things in bloom; it's a lovely time to go.

But since I don't know what you like to photograph I guess I'm not much help. You are lucky that work takes you to France! enjoy!

May 03, 2016 at 03:38 PM
GroovyGeek
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Provence in mid May

Sharona wrote:
What kind of photography do you enjoy? You might be surprised at what is there to photograph. You should take a photo or two of an old alleyway or door for your wife! :-) I have been there in May. Lavender doesn't bloom until about July, so I hope she's not counting on that. Otherwise, there are other things in bloom; it's a lovely time to go.

But since I don't know what you like to photograph I guess I'm not much help. You are lucky that work takes you to France! enjoy!

After reading that response I realized how poorly my initial request was formulated. My attraction to photography is first and foremost as a means of achieving solitude. Not much interest in the human element, or man-made objects, No interest in lavender even if it was blooming like crazy, too cliche. At this point I have pretty much made my decision, I will bring only the Sony RX100 and whatever happens happens.

May 08, 2016 at 03:07 AM

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.