FM Forum Rules
Macro World Resource

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Raindrop macros: first try

Nexed
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Raindrop macros: first try

I've seen some spectacular macros with drops here. Here are some first attempt shots with the Sony 90mm. C&C, and also advice for these kind of shots would be greatly appreciated.

© Nexed

© Nexed

© Nexed

© Nexed

May 01, 2016 at 12:39 AM
LordV
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Raindrop macros: first try

These look pretty good to me- the main thing is whether you were happy with them ?

I shoot most (but not all) of my drop shots with diffused flash - makes things a lot easier.

Brian V.

May 01, 2016 at 01:20 AM
Nexed
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Raindrop macros: first try

LordV wrote:
These look pretty good to me- the main thing is whether you were happy with them ?

I was happy enough with 1 and 2. 3 and 4 less so.

I shoot most (but not all) of my drop shots with diffused flash - makes things a lot easier.
Brian V.

Good point. I don't have an external flash unit, as of now. Looking to get one. Since flash use is primarily going to be for macro, I'm thinking of the Laowa macro flash with diffusers. Have to wait a few months before I can afford it, however.

May 01, 2016 at 12:00 PM
kjmacro

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Raindrop macros: first try

Terrific job for your first try. These are beautiful!

May 04, 2016 at 01:54 AM
Nexed
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Raindrop macros: first try

Thank you!

May 04, 2016 at 11:18 AM
MarkB1
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Raindrop macros: first try

You can always snoot and diffuse the camera's flash, it's not too difficult and doesn't have to cost anything. https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/780820/0#7182291 is designed so light can be directed from off centre - light leaves the snoot relative to the angle of the diffusing surface.

May 04, 2016 at 05:29 PM
Nexed
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Raindrop macros: first try

MarkB1 wrote:
You can always snoot and diffuse the camera's flash, it's not too difficult and doesn't have to cost anything. https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/780820/0#7182291 is designed so light can be directed from off centre - light leaves the snoot relative to the angle of the diffusing surface.

Thanks so much for the suggestion. That does look like a nice DIY setup. I'll look into it in detail!

May 04, 2016 at 07:46 PM

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.