New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Boston cityscape

znikon5
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Boston cityscape

Hi all,
New to the forum and practicing long exposure. I used a 10 stop ND to try and attempt to get some cloud blur and car traffic light trails. Negatives I can think of are the non-uniformity of the street lamps (some are on and some are off). Also, should the aperture have been smaller to get more of a sunburst pattern across the all the lights? And is the shadow detail lost in the trees? Thanks a lot.

Apr 29, 2016 at 09:18 PM
beavens
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Boston cityscape

Welcome to the forums, Z!!

Can you post the EXIF data so we can have a better understand of the shot? How long was the exposure? Some parts look slightly oof, which makes me think there may have been a little movement during the exposure.

I like the square crop. Normally I wouldn't care for so much empty'ish sky up top, but I think the tranquility is a great contrast to the busy chaos unfolding in the bottom half of the shot. Well done there!

Cheers, and again, welcome!

Jeff

Apr 30, 2016 at 07:04 AM
znikon5
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Boston cityscape

Thanks so much for your positive feedback. I am away from my computer today with the photos but exposure was around 8 minutes at aperture of 6.3, at ~50mm on Nikon D7200 w 18-140 lens. It was definitely windy yesterday evening on highway bridge. I look forward to posting more. Thanks again.

Apr 30, 2016 at 11:36 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.