FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2016 · Radiant

JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Radiant

Bart Carrig wrote:
Hey Jim. That was a great morning. I didn't shoot my copy-cat version until about 1/2 hour later when we caught up again (and the color you caught was gone). Still, even my later shot of your innovative scene worked out well. You do have the eye for comps; love it.

Bart

Hey Bart,

Thanks! I am glad you liked this. I know you and Martin were getting some cool stuff down on the other end of the beach. I did try yelling at you guys to come over, but you were just too far away.

Jim

---------------------------------------------

dbehrens wrote:
Nice clean comp. I think this would make a nice 1x1 as well.
Dave

I appreciate that Dave! And to the others with you on that 1:1 crop idea, I think that is a very good idea, definitely one I will do.

Jim

Apr 28, 2016 at 06:00 PM
JimKied
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Radiant

Freaking amazing. The atmospherics came together for you on this. Love the foreground. Really nice. I think I may have let the foreground go just a tad darker though. IDK, I may have brightened it up after seeing it darker. Just feels like it should be a little darker.

Apr 28, 2016 at 07:27 PM
Ton Hung
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Radiant

very nice

Apr 28, 2016 at 07:45 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Radiant

JimKied wrote:
Freaking amazing. The atmospherics came together for you on this. Love the foreground. Really nice. I think I may have let the foreground go just a tad darker though. IDK, I may have brightened it up after seeing it darker. Just feels like it should be a little darker.

Hey Jim,

Thanks! I am glad you liked this one. It was a special morning indeed! The sun was up behind me, and though there were clouds blocking it, which helped direct the color to this side, it was pretty bright out at that point, so I think it's pretty accurate. But I appreciate the thoughts concerning that.

Jim

Apr 30, 2016 at 04:41 AM
beavens
• • • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Radiant

Stupendously beautiful in it's simplicity and clarity.

Awesome shot, Jim!

Jeff

Apr 30, 2016 at 09:19 AM
Maritan
• •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Radiant

Those clouds loved you that morning. Beautiful colours on them. Love the composition with the reflection.

Apr 30, 2016 at 09:58 AM
kwilliam8
• • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Radiant

Great composition and color on this one, Jim!
Keith W.

May 01, 2016 at 01:52 AM
Aztatlan
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Radiant

Nice image. Well composed and I like the way the sky appears to streak from behind the rock formation.

May 01, 2016 at 04:17 AM
Rick Joyce
• • • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Radiant

This captures bedazzles in its shimmering radiance

May 01, 2016 at 05:50 PM
aFeinberg
• • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Radiant

Comp is awesome sir! What great light. Seems like some retention of details in the highlights might need to be corrected but overall easy. Nice work!

aF

May 01, 2016 at 05:52 PM
Dave Dillemuth
• • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Radiant

Hey Jim,
This is a superb image. Beautifully crafted comp. and some great lighting. Purely personal taste but if it were mine I'd dial back the saturation in the sky a tad - in particular the blue which seems a bit electric on my mac monitor. In any event a very fine image.

May 01, 2016 at 07:44 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Radiant

Beautiful Jim. Even thought the sky has amazing color, I would love to see a tighter crop (horizontal?) to make the distant objects more prominent. It just seems that they are so small in the background, they lose a lot of the impact they could have. Love the refelections as well....

May 01, 2016 at 10:56 PM
lgatlin
• • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Radiant

Love it!

May 01, 2016 at 11:24 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Radiant

Dave Dillemuth wrote:
Hey Jim,
This is a superb image. Beautifully crafted comp. and some great lighting. Purely personal taste but if it were mine I'd dial back the saturation in the sky a tad - in particular the blue which seems a bit electric on my mac monitor. In any event a very fine image.

Thanks so much Dave. I definitely was trying to be careful with the sky. The colors up there were blowing out easily, so it was like walking a tightrope keeping them bright and not dull looking, but also not letting them blow up too much.

Jim

May 02, 2016 at 05:36 PM
Gregg B.
• • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Radiant

It's a nice shots Jim. I personally think it needs more contrast. Just a touch will do. As of now it looks to me as if it's a smaller version of your raw shot, without anything done to it. Either that or my monitor shows it this way. Essentially it looks like brights can be brighter and dark can be darker without clipping anything.

May 02, 2016 at 06:22 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Radiant

Gregg B. wrote:
It's a nice shots Jim. I personally think it needs more contrast. Just a touch will do. As of now it looks to me as if it's a smaller version of your raw shot, without anything done to it. Either that or my monitor shows it this way. Essentially it looks like brights can be brighter and dark can be darker without clipping anything.

Hey Greg,

Not sure what you are seeing here, because I can't add anymore contrast, it's had plenty added already. As for the lights and the darks, maybe you need to recalibrate your monitor? My brights and my darks are as much as they can go without blowing out.

As for the Raw, my raw looks like almost all raw images do, dull and lacking contrast. It does not look like this. The whole point of raw files is to the have all the information needed to build the image. Raw images are almost always dull. I am not into over saturating my images, and this one as evidenced by a couple of other comments from others is pushed as far as it can go.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Jim

May 03, 2016 at 01:22 AM
thw2
• • • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Radiant

Colors are quite pretty but the processing is little excessive IMHO

May 03, 2016 at 03:14 PM
CarlG
• • • • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Radiant

Very nice!!

May 04, 2016 at 06:22 PM
lionking
• • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Radiant

Hey Jim!
Love the light here, good work.

Andrey

May 05, 2016 at 09:11 AM
       end

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.