Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Time to retire my Epson 4000 pro?

IPTAK
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Time to retire my Epson 4000 pro?

Yup, I deal with the clogged heads, but I'm at piece with that. I've had the printer forever, and it can go long periods without being used. So far with a few cleaning cycles I've been alright. Truth is I have been happy with the quality of the prints...but I haven't had an opportunity to compare it to anything newer/better . Ignorance is bliss? Maybe I just don't know what I'm missing?

Jump to today when i am updating my monitor and color management. I saw the new P800 and start wondering. Are the prints much better then what I am getting on my 4000? I am not around anyone with a newer model printer. I know people raved about the gen after the 4000 (I think the K3 inks) and we're another generation beyond that now. I'm looking at some low ink levels on my printer and wondering (before I drop several hundred in ink) if I should consider moving on and upgrading. I can afford it, but would not do it for something a "tad" better in image quality.Are the new printers wider in gaumet? Is this something that would require side by side comparison of prints or would be be strikingly obvious looking at a print froma P800 vs one from a 4000?

I'd like to hear your thoughts and experiences. If anyone still has a 4000, or other ultrachrome and a modern Epson let me know. I'd be happy to buy some comparison samples from you.

Apr 24, 2016 at 01:51 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.