Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Archive 2016 · Positive Vibes

Scott Kroeker
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Positive Vibes

Congratulations to Scott Kroeker for winning Feature Thread of the Week with 9 votes - View Previous Winners

With all the negativity in this world, which is affecting my creativity, here is an image with a more positive vibe. This was taken just over 4 years ago. The scene was incredible. I tried to process this image to portray what incredibly surreal light and conditions I witnessed but I feel a photo just can't quite replicate the real thing. The ripples in the water are from a small chunk of winter lake ice that just finishing melting completely. When it did it created some ripples. I was ready for it. Not just the light and the subtle ripples in the lake that made this scene so surreal it was the sounds. Virtually dead quiet except for the indescribable tinkling sounds the ice makes as it breaks apart from melting. Anyone who has experienced this knows what I am talking about. It's a uniquely soothing sound. I hope you enjoy this image.

Canon EOS 40D    EF-S10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM lens    22mm    f/8.0    1/200s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Edited on Apr 22, 2016 at 09:23 PM · View previous versions

Apr 22, 2016 at 01:41 PM
ckcarr
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Positive Vibes

I'm diggin' these good vibrations...

Nice Scott!

Apr 22, 2016 at 02:20 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Positive Vibes

Hey Scott,

This truly is an amazing photo! Total art that speaks a quiet but powerful message.

Jim

Apr 22, 2016 at 05:11 PM
Mark Metternich
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Positive Vibes

Insanely peaceful image Scott! And LOVE the title too!

Sorry the negativity of the world is negatively affecting your creativity. Maybe turn that entire channel(s) off? I hope it gets better because your work is great and inspirational to me and a ton of other people!

There is a person from this forum who likes to harass me and drop negative comments on me (I confronted him here - but now he goes to my facebook page and does it) and recently I have been asked to write for a Landscape Magazine publication. I am highly considering an article on this general issue to help encourage other people on how to deal with general negativity (of many sorts). If you have any insights on how you deal with it, please feel free to PM me. Lately what I have been doing, which is working really well for my inner life, is simply making it a rule (when negative discouragers come) to go out of my way to take the time to literally encourage other people (usually up and coming photographers) who may be affected by any forms of negativity. When I do this, there comes a point where I actually genuinely appreciate the discourager. Why? Because they have contributed positively to both my life and the life of others by motivating me to reach out far more than I normally would. In other words what some may intend as lemons can become real lemonade for other people.

Apr 22, 2016 at 05:51 PM
dalite
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Positive Vibes

Apr 22, 2016 at 06:00 PM
VanIsle
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Positive Vibes

Scott - you have no shortage of amazing images I have seen you share on this board over the years, but this one has to be somewhere near the top. Absolutely stunning. The ripple is what made it over the top for me, and that was before I even read what caused it. This works on so many levels, and like all the best images (in my opinion) suggests at something so much deeper. True art.

Apr 22, 2016 at 08:55 PM
Sankar Salvady

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Positive Vibes

Scott, I feel like I am sititng there, and dropped in that little pebble that created the ripple. Beautiful image, really did have a positive vibe.

Apr 22, 2016 at 09:15 PM
Kee Woo Rhee
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Positive Vibes

I like this image. Very creative, indeed!

Edited on May 02, 2016 at 11:19 AM · View previous versions

Apr 22, 2016 at 09:18 PM
Maritan
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Positive Vibes

Fantastic shot. Those ripples just take it over the top.

Apr 22, 2016 at 09:54 PM
Dave Dillemuth
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Positive Vibes

Scott,
This is excellent. Has a real mystical quality. Thanks for sharing.

Apr 22, 2016 at 10:10 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

IsaacTheGray
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Positive Vibes

Amazing. Thanks so much sharing Scott. Your work is always inspiring

- Isaac

Apr 22, 2016 at 10:13 PM
MJKoski
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Positive Vibes

Timeless. Those bubbles could be anything and it works as the mystery of the photo. There seems to be minor light rays cast by the drifting clouds as well?

Apr 22, 2016 at 11:03 PM
dgdg
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Positive Vibes

Excellent Scott!

David

Apr 23, 2016 at 12:52 AM
Jim Sanderson
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Positive Vibes

I like this one quite a lot.

Jim

Apr 23, 2016 at 02:07 AM
FullHousePhoto
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Positive Vibes

There's not much there, but there's so much to look at. Beautiful piece of work, Scott!

PS - Anyone, where's the featured thread voting button? I'm not seeing it anymore...

Apr 23, 2016 at 02:32 AM
plateaulight
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Positive Vibes

OH MAN, that's hypnotic. Screw the negativity, ignore it. In the US these election cycles are noting but negative energy radiating from all sides. I turn off the TV and turn on some beautiful music. This image is beautiful music to the eyes

Apr 23, 2016 at 05:02 AM
Mark Metternich
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Positive Vibes

Voted.

Apr 23, 2016 at 06:36 AM
jforkner
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Positive Vibes

Sweet!

Apr 23, 2016 at 12:43 PM
dbehrens
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Positive Vibes

Scott - you have a habit of proving you do not have to drive to an icon location to take an inspirational photo. Nice!
Dave

Apr 23, 2016 at 02:23 PM
Tuan Le
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Positive Vibes

Simply wonderful Scott. Thanks for the positive vibes!

Apr 23, 2016 at 03:33 PM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password