Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              70      
71
       72       end
  

Voigtlander 15/4.5 III E-mount Rolling review
  
 
Aztatlan
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.71 #1 · p.71 #1 · Voigtlander 15/4.5 III E-mount Rolling review


Is the Breakthrough ND the only brand known to not vignette with this lens? Unfortunately B&H don't sell the 58mm Breakthrough ND (only CPL) and I have a gift card to use there...

Also considering the CPL. Is it tricky to remove? (Thinking the X2 model B&H stock. They don't have the X4 that is on the manufacturer website and the manufacturer doesn't list the X2. Go figure)



Mar 10, 2017 at 11:06 AM
stjepan
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.71 #2 · p.71 #2 · Voigtlander 15/4.5 III E-mount Rolling review


Can't comment on the ND, but I did purchase the Zeiss CPL. Works like a charm, smooth operation, no vignetting. It can be difficult to remove sometimes if it's tightened too much, due to the petals. But otherwise just fine.


Mar 10, 2017 at 01:30 PM
xpfloyd
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.71 #3 · p.71 #3 · Voigtlander 15/4.5 III E-mount Rolling review


Loving this lens

Spitfire by xpfloyd, on Flickr



Mar 11, 2017 at 04:53 PM
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.71 #4 · p.71 #4 · Voigtlander 15/4.5 III E-mount Rolling review


Aztatlan wrote:
Is the Breakthrough ND the only brand known to not vignette with this lens? Unfortunately B&H don't sell the 58mm Breakthrough ND (only CPL) and I have a gift card to use there...

Also considering the CPL. Is it tricky to remove? (Thinking the X2 model B&H stock. They don't have the X4 that is on the manufacturer website and the manufacturer doesn't list the X2. Go figure)


That's right. I tested a bunch of NDs for the 15/4.5 III and only the Breakthrough ND didn't show hints of vignetting. It's super thin. I still have one.



Mar 11, 2017 at 05:01 PM
Aztatlan
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.71 #5 · p.71 #5 · Voigtlander 15/4.5 III E-mount Rolling review


Fred Miranda wrote:
That's right. I tested a bunch of NDs for the 15/4.5 III and only the Breakthrough ND didn't show hints of vignetting. It's super thin. I still have one.


Good to know, thanks. Unfortunate that B&H don't stock them, though.

I was considering trying the B+W XS-Pro ND: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1298665-REG/b_w_1089178_xs_pro_58mm_nano_mc_803.html

A slight vignette I could probably live with, as long as it isn't a hard vignette.

One Vietnamese company seem to make a holder for 100mm square filters, unfortunately it seems a little tricky to get. NiSi also make one for the 10/5.6 model but not the 12 or the 15, annoyingly.



Mar 11, 2017 at 11:59 PM
Al B
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.71 #6 · p.71 #6 · Voigtlander 15/4.5 III E-mount Rolling review


Sorry to chime in late but I have the emount Voightlander 15 4.5 III and would like to
see if there's a way of getting my Lee holder to house the filters...



Mar 12, 2017 at 11:15 PM
makadaka
Offline

Upload & Sell: On
p.71 #7 · p.71 #7 · Voigtlander 15/4.5 III E-mount Rolling review


Super fun little lens.




  ILCE-7RM2    Voigtlander SUPER WIDE-HELIAR 15mm F4.5 III lens    15mm    f/5.6    1/250s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  














Mar 13, 2017 at 12:25 AM
simonedf
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.71 #8 · p.71 #8 · Voigtlander 15/4.5 III E-mount Rolling review


Just ordered mine in M mount. Hopefully I'll get a good one...


Mar 16, 2017 at 11:39 AM
BastianK
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.71 #9 · p.71 #9 · Voigtlander 15/4.5 III E-mount Rolling review


Aztatlan wrote:
Good to know, thanks. Unfortunate that B&H don't stock them, though.

I was considering trying the B+W XS-Pro ND: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1298665-REG/b_w_1089178_xs_pro_58mm_nano_mc_803.html

A slight vignette I could probably live with, as long as it isn't a hard vignette.

One Vietnamese company seem to make a holder for 100mm square filters, unfortunately it seems a little tricky to get. NiSi also make one for the 10/5.6 model but not the 12 or the 15, annoyingly.

NiSi is probably interested in making a holder for the 15mm and 12mm, but they need someone to send them the lens first (for a few weeks) as I did with my 10mm 5.6.
The person who lends his lens usually gets the first holder and maybe even a filter or two (don't quote me on that!).

In case any of you is interested send me a PN, I will establish contact then.



Mar 16, 2017 at 01:16 PM
Aztatlan
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.71 #10 · p.71 #10 · Voigtlander 15/4.5 III E-mount Rolling review


BastianK wrote:
NiSi is probably interested in making a holder for the 15mm and 12mm, but they need someone to send them the lens first (for a few weeks) as I did with my 10mm 5.6.
The person who lends his lens usually gets the first holder and maybe even a filter or two (don't quote me on that!).

In case any of you is interested send me a PN, I will establish contact then.


Interesting. A bit strange that they need people to loan them lenses to make holders, though. I mean the cost buying a copy of each lens would be recouped after only a handful of holder sales... Frankly after it took five tries to get a good copy of the 15 I would never lend it out to anyone

I had wondered whether the 10/5.6 holder could be modified at all to fit on the 15?



Mar 17, 2017 at 07:55 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



BastianK
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.71 #11 · p.71 #11 · Voigtlander 15/4.5 III E-mount Rolling review


Aztatlan wrote:
Interesting. A bit strange that they need people to loan them lenses to make holders, though. I mean the cost buying a copy of each lens would be recouped after only a handful of holder sales...

A handful? What do you think they make on one holder?

I had wondered whether the 10/5.6 holder could be modified at all to fit on the 15?
10mm 5.6 needs 150mm square filters, 15mm 4.5 will probably work with 100mm square filters. 12mm 5.6: I don't know.



Mar 17, 2017 at 09:08 AM
Aztatlan
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.71 #12 · p.71 #12 · Voigtlander 15/4.5 III E-mount Rolling review


BastianK wrote:
A handful? What do you think they make on one holder?


Well, obviously I am not privvy to their financials but locally one of the NiSi holders sells for around 20% of the cost of the 15/4.5 lens. I understand there is a retailer markup involved but still, even allowing for that there is plenty of unit gross profit in each of these holders. Naturally if they bought a used copy of the lens to base their design on they could save even more money. (Buy a cheap sample with smeared corners - don't need sharp corners to design and test a filter holder ) A "handful" is perhaps a slight exaggeration but I'd hazard a guess I could hold in both hands the number of holders it would require them to sell to recoup the cost of a lens, especially if they just eBayed it when they were done with it.

BastianK wrote:
10mm 5.6 needs 150mm square filters, 15mm 4.5 will probably work with 100mm square filters. 12mm 5.6: I don't know.


I've got some 150mm filters kicking around anyway, although yes ideally a 100mm holder would be fantastic.



Mar 17, 2017 at 09:30 AM
BastianK
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.71 #13 · p.71 #13 · Voigtlander 15/4.5 III E-mount Rolling review


Aztatlan wrote:
Well, obviously I am not privvy to their financials but locally one of the NiSi holders sells for around 20% of the cost of the 15/4.5 lens. I understand there is a retailer markup involved but still, even allowing for that there is plenty of unit gross profit in each of these holders. Naturally if they bought a used copy of the lens to base their design on they could save even more money. (Buy a cheap sample with smeared corners - don't need sharp corners to design and test a filter holder ) A "handful" is perhaps a slight
...Show more
When I come around a 15mm 4.5 next time and have my 10mm 5.6 holder available I will check if it fits.



Mar 17, 2017 at 09:43 AM
Aztatlan
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.71 #14 · p.71 #14 · Voigtlander 15/4.5 III E-mount Rolling review


BastianK wrote:
When I come around a 15mm 4.5 next time and have my 10mm 5.6 holder available I will check if it fits.


That would be great, thanks. I am assuming it might be a bit big out of the box for the 15, but thought maybe with some gaffer tape or something to pad it out, it might fit. I don't have a 10/5.6 at hand to compare the size of, or the placement of the hood petals.



Mar 17, 2017 at 10:40 PM
Aztatlan
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.71 #15 · p.71 #15 · Voigtlander 15/4.5 III E-mount Rolling review


Has anyone tried this holder designed for the old 12mm on the 15?

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/213007-REG/Voigtlander_45BD213A_Filter_Adapter_for_12mm.html

There's a review and a Q&A answer in which two people claim it fits (with a minor modification) on a 15mm Heliar but they do not state which model specifically.



Mar 21, 2017 at 10:47 AM
simonedf
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.71 #16 · p.71 #16 · Voigtlander 15/4.5 III E-mount Rolling review


Folks, what do you think about my copy?
Mounted on TAP > Raw > Lightoom > applied lens profile > export









Edited on Mar 25, 2017 at 02:39 PM · View previous versions



Mar 25, 2017 at 02:32 PM
GMPhotography
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.71 #17 · p.71 #17 · Voigtlander 15/4.5 III E-mount Rolling review


From full frame it looks good. Your looking for smearing in the corners which I'm not really seeing on my Ipad


Mar 25, 2017 at 02:36 PM
GMPhotography
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.71 #18 · p.71 #18 · Voigtlander 15/4.5 III E-mount Rolling review


I looked into it before I cut the petals off with a Dremel . I never thought it would work since it was for the old unit. Petals off you can do just about anything filter wise. Best solution was cut petals off go 58-62 step up ring than you can use 2 if needed 62mm filters. Or put a Lee system in the mix.

Aztatlan wrote:
Has anyone tried this holder designed for the old 12mm on the 15?

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/213007-REG/Voigtlander_45BD213A_Filter_Adapter_for_12mm.html

There's a review and a Q&A answer in which two people claim it fits (with a minor modification) on a 15mm Heliar but they do not state which model specifically.




Mar 25, 2017 at 02:40 PM
simonedf
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.71 #19 · p.71 #19 · Voigtlander 15/4.5 III E-mount Rolling review


Hi, thanks, I've just added screenshots of the zoomed corners.


Mar 25, 2017 at 02:41 PM
GMPhotography
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.71 #20 · p.71 #20 · Voigtlander 15/4.5 III E-mount Rolling review


Keep it and enjoy

simonedf wrote:
Hi, thanks, I've just added screenshots of the zoomed corners.




Mar 25, 2017 at 02:50 PM
1       2       3              70      
71
       72       end






FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              70      
71
       72       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password