New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · 7D2 refurb available at Canon website

ctrout
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 7D2 refurb available at Canon website

I just got the notification about 30 seconds ago that Canon has the 7D2 available again on their refurb site for $1199. Get 'em while they're hot!

Apr 21, 2016 at 08:16 AM
howard
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 7D2 refurb available at Canon website

Is this really a good price? I got mine new for $1250 last year. It can be had for less with the bundle deals, etc.

Apr 21, 2016 at 08:48 AM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 7D2 refurb available at Canon website

Yes, there's a $350 rebate for the 7D2 if bundled with a certain Canon printer.

Apr 21, 2016 at 11:17 AM
mmurph
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 7D2 refurb available at Canon website

They are $1,199 new after a printer rebate.

No tax in most cases when buying new. That would mean $72 cheaper for me buying new, versus Canon Refurbished. From Canon Price Watch:

http://www.canonpricewatch.com/blog/2016/04/significant-changes-to-printer-bundle-deals-coming-on-may-1st/

Apr 21, 2016 at 06:52 PM
ctrout
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 7D2 refurb available at Canon website

Good info. I'm not watching that closely right now because I just purchased a 100-400L2 and am low on mad money right now. The 7D2 is next on my list but it will be at least another week or two before I have the funds to entertain a purchase. The problem with the rebate is that I have to have more cash up front which will be a bit of a problem soon. My cash cow is about milked out.

Apr 21, 2016 at 11:21 PM
mmurph
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 7D2 refurb available at Canon website

Unfortunately, the used ones on Buy & Sell have been listed for pretty close to $1,200, so you are definitely better off buying new. (Although I would look through actual sales to confirm...)

If you can time things right on a credit card, you can get some extra time to sell other things- and get the rebate- before you have to pay. One of my credit cards just "closed" last Friday, April 15. Payment is due May 12.

So payment for items that I bought Saturday, on the 16th, that won't be due until the next cycle, on June 12. That is almost 2 months.

FWIW, I absolutely love my Canon 7DII. It has a great AF system, and the best ergonomics of any camera that I have ever used.

Good luck!

Apr 22, 2016 at 12:02 AM
ctrout
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 7D2 refurb available at Canon website

Well, spending over $1000 on a toy already sets my wife on edge. Doing it on a credit card and trying to explain to her why that's a good idea really would not be good for our friendship. I've made it 24 years with her and I'm not trying to mess that up now over a toy that I want. Besides, I have nothing that I can sell. The kids took it all.

Apr 22, 2016 at 07:55 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.