Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Sold: Canon 85mm 1.2 II $925 shipped (see info and pics)

Nozzleforward
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sold: Canon 85mm 1.2 II $925 shipped (see info and pics)

Item updated in the last 24 hours    85mm 1.2

Sold

Price: $925.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 8+ Shows moderate wear or finish marks
Shipping instructions: USPS priority mail with insurance included.

I bought this lens from a family member a while back for a great price ($900) because of the marks in the coating and the stuff on the front element (see photos and more info below), but I've never gotten around to using it because I shoot on a crop and have a 50mm 1.4 that does everything I want from this range. My wife and I are taking a trip to Paris this summer, so I'm selling this only to put towards that trip (which means, not really interested in trades).

Mechanically and lens body wise, this lens is in fantastic shape, focuses properly, produces absurdly creamy images and is exactly what you would expect from a lens of this caliber. For the last 5 years or so, this lens has had these tiny dots on the front element, they appear to be on the inside of the front element. There are a few marks that look like cleaning marks on the outside of the front element as well. I do not see any of this turn up in photos, but they are definitely there. I adjusted the color and sharpened the front element photos I'm uploading here to make these marks stand out as much as possible (under normal circumstances, they aren't as obvious). I do not see any fungus type stuff in the lens, and these little dots have not "expanded, "grown" or increased in numbers since I first saw them. Aside from these marks on the front element and the cleaning marks on the outside, I don't really see anything except 2 or 3 dust specs (and I mean tiny) on the rear element near the AF chip. The date code is UU.

I have considered having CPS look at this lens and see if they could clean it, but decided that since I don't use it anyway, I'm not really interested in spending money to do that if I was just going to sell it.

This lens comes with both caps, hood (with normal signs of use) that locks on nicely, and a B&W UV filter.

If you can get over the marks on the front element (which, as I said, don't seem to have any effect on image quality or show up in any of my photos at all), this is a fantastic lens at a bargain. I'm open to offers, but absurd low ball offers will be ignored.

USPS Priority mail with insurance is included, as are PayPal fees (I will only ship to confirmed PayPal address). I will consider shipping outside the US with the additional shipping cost covered by the buyer on a case by case basis. I'm in Seattle, and would be happy to meet up with anyone local that wanted to check it out before buying.

Edited on Apr 20, 2016 at 04:48 PM · View previous versions

Apr 20, 2016 at 01:40 PM
Nozzleforward
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sold: Canon 85mm 1.2 II $925 shipped (see info and pics)

More photos of front element:

Apr 20, 2016 at 01:45 PM
chrisellis
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sold: Canon 85mm 1.2 II $925 shipped (see info and pics)

Any images you've taken with this you could share?

Apr 20, 2016 at 05:47 PM
mb126
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sold: Canon 85mm 1.2 II $925 shipped (see info and pics)

I'll take it, you have PM

Apr 20, 2016 at 07:02 PM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.