Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Giottos MH-1304 ballhead won't clamp down anymore. Any fixes?

pointbob
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Giottos MH-1304 ballhead won't clamp down anymore. Any fixes?

I bought a Giottos MH-1304 ballhead about 5 months ago and the ballhead has now lost its ability to tighten down. When i tighten in the clamp as far as it can go the ballhead is still loose and cannot stay in place at all.

There is no physical damage to ballhead and I absolutely never dropped the ballhead.

There appears to be a rubber strip around the ball it self and if i manually move the ball around there is a tiny slight improvement in tension but not strong enough to even hold a cellphone.

Also there is a TINY flat head screw on the side of the ballhead body which i tried adjust but it is so tightly screwed in that slightly scratched the screw trying to unscrew it.

Any home made fixes to try?

Apr 20, 2016 at 11:55 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Giottos MH-1304 ballhead won't clamp down anymore. Any fixes?

what was it being used for and with?

i think that there is a high possibility that it has been tighten to the point it will do no more. i don't know what you were trying to support. you do have the option of pursuing it using the warranty. just remember this is a very lightweight product. you need to decide what your next option is again because i have no idea its intended use.

i also see the cork has been "worked" a little too.

Apr 20, 2016 at 03:50 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.