New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Colorimeter Rental

Ampelion

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Colorimeter Rental

Hello,

I'd like to calibrate my monitor with an X-Rite colorimeter, either the X-Rite i1 Display Pro or the X-Rite ColorMunki Display. I only need to use this expensive device once, so I'd prefer to rent one rather than buy one. Does anyone know where I could rent one? I live in Boston, Massachusetts.

Adorama Rentals has an X-Rite i1 Display Pro available, but only to residents of New York. BorrowLenses and LensRentals have the X-Rite ColorMunki Photo available for rent, but that is a different device (a spectrophotometer, not a colorimeter).

Thanks!

Apr 19, 2016 at 10:57 PM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Colorimeter Rental

It doesn't make any sense to rent one, as you really have to re-calibrate every couple of months anyway. The recommendations are every thirty days but you really don't have to do it that often. The i1Display Pro is the best unit short of the Discus at five or six times the price. Really it'll be $250 well spent.

Apr 20, 2016 at 02:08 AM
nolaguy
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Colorimeter Rental

Peter Figen wrote:
It doesn't make any sense to rent one, as you really have to re-calibrate every couple of months anyway. The recommendations are every thirty days but you really don't have to do it that often. The i1Display Pro is the best unit short of the Discus at five or six times the price. Really it'll be $250 well spent.

+1

If you're going to take color accuracy half-way seriously, you really need to be able to re-calibrate every so often. To many it seems like a lot to spend but if you balance it against the huge investment of time we spend shooting and editing, it's a shame if we're doing all that work and aren't seeing at least close to accurate images on screen.

Or you can just become a B/W shooter. Solves a lot of things.

Apr 20, 2016 at 05:15 AM
howardm4
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Colorimeter Rental

I agree w/ everyone but where *exactly* do you live in Boston? I'm in MetroWest area on Rt2 and may be able to help you out. I also have a NIP i1Display Pro I'm looking to sell.

PM me if interested.

Apr 20, 2016 at 07:21 AM
Ampelion

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Colorimeter Rental

Thanks for the information! I'll purchase one instead of renting.

Apr 20, 2016 at 12:53 PM
nolaguy
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Colorimeter Rental

Ampelion wrote:
Thanks for the information! I'll purchase one instead of renting.

Good decision. You'll feel much more in harmony with the universe.

Apr 21, 2016 at 05:48 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.