Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Good monitor with VGA that I can use Color Munki on? Upgrade printer too?

IPTAK
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Good monitor with VGA that I can use Color Munki on? Upgrade printer too?

Hey Guys - I've finally had enough of the guessing game printing and purchased the Color Munki photo package. My current setup is dual monitors with one junk one, and one Dell Ultrasharp 24" - but it's 5 years old or so. My printer is the Epson 4000.

I'm running my photo stuff (still) off PS CS5 or CS3 and prefer not to upgrade the main computer. I edit first in DPP. My video card has dual out's but VGA. I'm sure there are still decent monitors with VGA inputs as an option. I'd like another 24" or maybe 27". Needs to play with the Color Munki too. Hope to keep it in the $300 range but I am willing to go up to $600 if need be. Looks like some of the BenQ's have VGA. There are just so, so many options it's getting confusing.

Do you guys have and suggestions or guidance for me? While were on the topic of this are there printers that will blow the doors off the Epson 4000 now? I'd want to still be able to do 17 wide and I am generally pleased with the output, but I haven't really seen with the most recent generation of printers are capable off. Though if I get full calibrated I suppose I could just outsource big prints. Is the new genthat much better then the Epson 4000

Apr 19, 2016 at 06:25 PM
IPTAK
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Good monitor with VGA that I can use Color Munki on? Upgrade printer too?

Well, turns out I was wrong. I actually have a DVI connector! Guess when I upgraded the computer a while a go the monitors were VGA so I got DVI-VGA adapters .

That should make it a lot easier to decide on a new monitor. Anyone on the print quality differences from an Epson 4000 vs a P800? (or any thoughts on a good $300-500 monitor that the colormunki photo will work with?).

Apr 20, 2016 at 12:57 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.