New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Trade for training

reko
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Trade for training

I just bought a Canon 1DX and Photoshop for photographers and Lightroom. I'm having difficulty setting the camera up, and autofocus is not working well on birds in flight. I've been reading, watching videos, and trying different settings. I'm not sure if It's me or if I have a defective camera. Odds are, it's me. Same thing with the new Photoshop. I know it's me on this one. I have a lodging business in the Hocking Hills in SE Ohio. www.hummingbirdhillohio.com I'd be willing to trade a couple of weekdays lodging this spring for some help getting squared away. I'll even take you to the eagle's nest here.

Apr 19, 2016 at 04:57 PM
D.Hussey
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Trade for training

It would probably help in getting suggestions if you would post the settings you are using for your bird in flight attempts. Also, the lens you're using will have a serious impact on what kind of results you will get

What AF mode are you using? What Focus points....Single Point, Expanded or Area?
Camera mode can have a huge impact to because if your shutter speed isn't high enough your problem may not be with focus but with motion blur

I use Center with 4 point expansion and the AI Servo mode. Will adjust aperture and ISO to keep shutter speed well above 1/1000 and with a 100-400MkII on my 7D2 I'm having pretty good success with BIF

Apr 20, 2016 at 01:30 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Trade for training

Wow!!!! Robert is a great person and fantastic photographer! I have stayed in one of his cabins. They are beautiful and modern. I bought his 600mm while he upgraded to a 800mm.
This is a great chance to see are great part of southern Ohio and spend sometime with a fine photographer.
If I had the opportunity to do it I would no questions asked!!!
Robert...contact uz2work...he may be your man if he can make it...
Dan

Apr 20, 2016 at 08:39 AM
reko
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Trade for training

Thanks for the plug Dan. It's a great time to be here now. Wildflowers, eagles, and the various warblers are starting to arrive.

Apr 20, 2016 at 08:51 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.