New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · A trade for training?

reko
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A trade for training?

I just got a new 1 DX. I also got Adobe's Photoshop for photographers. I'm having trouble with both despite reading the manual for my camera and watching videos on the internet. I'm technically challenged so I had this idea. I've got a lodging business in the Hocking Hills of SE Ohio and I'd like to offer lodging in exchange for help with my camera and software. Can I do that somewhere on FM or does anyone have suggestions where I might post a trade for services?

Apr 19, 2016 at 04:13 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A trade for training?

You can post a FT (For Trade) listing on the B&S forum. Strictly speaking, it's not photo gear or photo tech, but it should work OK. Maybe a similar thread on the Forum and Misc forum, which is where this thread will probably end up being moved to.

Apr 19, 2016 at 04:22 PM
timgangloff
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A trade for training?

Great idea and if I was local, I'd certainly be willing to trade.

Apr 19, 2016 at 04:37 PM
hotdog12
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · A trade for training?

What a great idea!

Apr 19, 2016 at 05:17 PM
Tenn.Jer
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · A trade for training?

Sugar Grove is near Lancaster, and not too far from Columbus; look in both places for a camera club - surely you'll find one in a city the size of Columbus. Check also with the proprietor of any nearby camera store and I'd bet you'll find someone in one place or the other who would be happy to help you out. I came through Hocking Hills several years ago and would love to have a connection there with local lodging...it's a beautiful little state park, surprisingly little-known, too, I think.

I no longer get up in that direction or I'd volunteer myself. I'd need to brush up my Photoshop skills a bit, since Lightroom fills almost all my needs these days...
Good luck,
Jerry

Apr 19, 2016 at 05:20 PM
scalesusa
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · A trade for training?

Community colleges often have evening courses in Photoshop for adults, you should have no trouble.

Apr 19, 2016 at 05:48 PM
Dpedraza
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · A trade for training?

reko wrote:
I just got a new 1 DX. I also got Adobe's Photoshop for photographers. I'm having trouble with both despite reading the manual for my camera and watching videos on the internet. I'm technically challenged so I had this idea. I've got a lodging business in the Hocking Hills of SE Ohio and I'd like to offer lodging in exchange for help with my camera and software. Can I do that somewhere on FM or does anyone have suggestions where I might post a trade for services?

If you weren't around 4 hours away I could pop down. I live in the Cleveland area. There are plenty of Columbus folks here on the forums.

Apr 19, 2016 at 06:19 PM
wayne194
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · A trade for training?

Are you having trouble with the camera or the Adobe software? The 1DX is not that much different than the 1Dlll. You have some great photos posted so it's hard to believe you need camera help.
Wayne

Apr 19, 2016 at 07:16 PM
reko
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · A trade for training?

Learning new things with regard to cameras or anything computer related are my weaknesses with regard to photography. I could do what I need to do in Photoshop 4, I'm good with layer masks but there are a few things in the new programs that I can't figure out or that I don't know the keystrokes to implement. Same with the camera, I'm pretty sure I've got a setting or two that are wrong because I don't understand them fully. I figured it won't cost me much to offer a cabin for trade and it will save some frustration and get thing going sooner. I love the improved high ISO performance and image clarity from the 1DX. The files are noticeably sharper than my 1D MK IV both with and without the 1.4. The eagles are busy feeding the two eaglets and I've got ssome images I want to print but can't because of my inability to do some things in the new programs that I could in Photoshop 4.

Edited on Apr 20, 2016 at 11:48 AM · View previous versions

Apr 20, 2016 at 11:39 AM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · A trade for training?

Maybe also post in Area 51 - https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/board/51

Might be some wandering photogs coming your way.

Just a thought.

Apr 20, 2016 at 11:41 AM
UCSB
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · A trade for training?

You might want to try lynda.com for the software training. It is a very nice way to go. The online course are really great. Last time I checked they were letting people sign up for a free week to give it a try (if not, you can find a coupon with a web search).

Apr 20, 2016 at 12:07 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.