p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Several from a recent game

All shot on a 70d with a 70-200 f/4

Apr 17, 2016 at 02:59 PM
beavens
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Several from a recent game

1 and 4 for me!

2 seems pretty awkward all around. 3 doesn't have much interest going on. 4 would grab my attention more if we could see the batter's eyes and face more.

I'd like to see 4 cropped in tighter to put the focus more on the play at the bag - the player on the right doesn't seem to be as involved.

Cheers!

Jeff

Apr 18, 2016 at 02:12 PM
fmshoemaker

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Several from a recent game

I cropped that one as you said, it's much better, a bit soft but usable.

Thanks!

Apr 18, 2016 at 02:35 PM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Several from a recent game

First, welcome to the forum.
Second, nice to see someone work the challenge of sports photography. On this forum we don't see much, although Bob Jarman frequently posted rugby scenes, often in BW.

Its tough to catch the action and the best shots somehow have incredible timing and importantly a sense of motion, tension, and or facial expressions.

First nailed the motion, facial expression. The intense blur of the batter detracts a bit. I might crop out the player far left. Same positives and distractions for me in the second, same suggestion. Third doesn't have quite the tension, frozen action, facial intensity.Fourth is a nice capture of the action with the cloud of dirt coming up. Better, as Jeff said, if you were lucky enough to capture some expression(s). Last, as you said, a bit soft. I wish there was a bit of the eye showing more or a bit more of facial expression to see more fully.

Hope to see more. This is not a challenge I have personally taken.

Scott

Apr 20, 2016 at 05:14 AM
beavens
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Several from a recent game

+1 @ Scott all-around!

I think it's awesome to have a sports shooter - definitely something we don't see all that often and it's a breath of fresh air.

Jeff

Apr 20, 2016 at 07:57 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.