Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Cacophony

On the range

Apr 17, 2016 at 09:54 AM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Cacophony

There's a "penned in", claustrophobic feeling that you've created with your composition that I surmise was purposeful and works for me. If it were my photo, I would lighten the fence posts in the front left as the "lighted" ones on the right take me out of the photo. Theres' a contradiction here in that all the fence posts and penned areas seem well maintained but the building in the back is about to fall down. There's a sense of loneliness and decrepitude that I like a lot about your photos.

Steve

Apr 17, 2016 at 03:21 PM
Rick Joyce
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Cacophony

eeneryma wrote:
There's a "penned in", claustrophobic feeling that you've created with your composition that I surmise was purposeful and works for me. If it were my photo, I would lighten the fence posts in the front left as the "lighted" ones on the right take me out of the photo. Theres' a contradiction here in that all the fence posts and penned areas seem well maintained but the building in the back is about to fall down. There's a sense of loneliness and decrepitude that I like a lot about your photos.

Steve

My title should have been "claustrophobic" as you suggest. The fence posts are well maintained as the area is still actively used for cattle ranching - the buildings date to the 1930's.

Apr 17, 2016 at 05:17 PM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Cacophony

Rick Joyce wrote:
My title should have been "claustrophobic" as you suggest. The fence posts are well maintained as the area is still actively used for cattle ranching - the buildings date to the 1930's.

If you approach the back building, be careful you don't breathe too hard.

Steve

Apr 17, 2016 at 09:23 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.