New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2016 · Lydia {A Land of Color}

dalite
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Lydia {A Land of Color}

Nice makeup, or is it Portrait Professional software. First two shots for me.

Apr 23, 2016 at 12:01 AM
DaveOls
• • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Lydia {A Land of Color}

I keep coming back to these pictures, but I have a hard time getting past the first image because of the nose ring. The model is very attractive and I like your shots of her though
I guess that am too old and set in my ways..

Apr 23, 2016 at 11:33 AM
Ian Boys
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Lydia {A Land of Color}

So many lovely shots here, top work. They're gorgeous!

Apr 24, 2016 at 03:47 PM
adventvisuals

p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Lydia {A Land of Color}

Edward Crim wrote:
Well...

I'm sorry, but the nose ring dominates for me. I am reminded of the line from the great Edward Lear's epic poem The Owl and the Pussycat:
"And there, in the wood, a Piggywig stood, with a ring in the end of its nose, its nose, with a ring in the end of its nose."

Yours cheerfully :-)

Edward

Haters gonna hate. That's your problem you focused too much on the nose ring. And tattoos must ruin people's bodies too haha. Keep up with the ages please.

May 03, 2016 at 01:48 PM
Edward Crim
• •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Lydia {A Land of Color}

So, Lydia...

You're hating Edward Lear, eh?

;-)

May 04, 2016 at 11:24 AM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Lydia {A Land of Color}

Fantastic set of images ... the photography is well done.

She's stunningly beautiful, but my goodness that nose ring is one hell of a huge distraction. Despite her beauty, and your obvious skill, the nose ring kills a lot of the images for me.

May 08, 2016 at 12:47 PM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Lydia {A Land of Color}

adventvisuals wrote:
Haters gonna hate. That's your problem you focused too much on the nose ring. And tattoos must ruin people's bodies too haha. Keep up with the ages please.

I always find in interesting when someone states an opinion that is not in keeping with "perceived contemporary views" that that person is then labeled a hater. It's a deplorable tactic employed to squelch free speech and the exchange of ideas; and it propagates many lies within our society.

May 08, 2016 at 12:54 PM
IPTAK
• •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Lydia {A Land of Color}

I was captivated by the first image, still am. It's stunning. Agree with the comments about the grass color differential. The nose ring was no issue at all for me, until i kept reading about it...then it jumped out at me! I can see where some would find it obtrusive (personally I don't) so it probably would have been a good idea to take some with some without. Also it's possible that just desaturating it and "pushing it back" might help too. All depends on your vision, and audience.

I really like all the ones with the color in the backgrund. The pulled back ones don't work as well for me except the first one of the last post. i think it's the vantage point and relatively minimal visual impact of the wall on over her left shoulder.

Anyway, in case I didn't make this point I think most of them are out of the park. Kudos to you for sure in recognizing the potential, matching it up with the great subject and pulling it all together!

May 09, 2016 at 02:50 AM
IPTAK
• •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Lydia {A Land of Color}

By the way, being new to "people' photography I'd love to hear some about how you went about the lighting.

May 09, 2016 at 02:59 AM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Lydia {A Land of Color}

adventvisuals wrote:

You posted just after the photos "C&C would be appreciated." Edward gave you an honest, respectful opinion. That's not "hate".

I find the nose ring distracting as well. Nose rings, especially ones as ornate as that one, are rarely seen. It dominates and draws attention away from your subject.

I prefer the crop in the second image over the first. The image is stronger without cutting through her wrists. Overall your post processing is very good. You were interested in incorporating interesting grafitti and I think you did a good job.

Do you attend RISD? You seem to have that art student attitude (as observed by an art school graduate).

May 09, 2016 at 06:05 AM
adventvisuals

p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Lydia {A Land of Color}

Andre Labonte wrote:
I always find in interesting when someone states an opinion that is not in keeping with "perceived contemporary views" that that person is then labeled a hater. It's a deplorable tactic employed to squelch free speech and the exchange of ideas; and it propagates many lies within our society.

Not at all, I am fighting for that freedom of expressions if anything. You are propagating censorship by fostering someone hating on a simple nose ring that is pretty normal these days. This isn't the 70s anymore, sorry.

dmacmillan wrote:
You posted just after the photos "C&C would be appreciated." Edward gave you an honest, respectful opinion. That's not "hate".

I find the nose ring distracting as well. Nose rings, especially ones as ornate as that one, are rarely seen. It dominates and draws attention away from your subject.

I prefer the crop in the second image over the first. The image is stronger without cutting through her wrists. Overall your post processing is very good. You were interested in incorporating interesting grafitti and I think you did a good job.

Do you attend RISD? You seem to have that art student
...Show more

Why are you guys so literal? lol. You serious? Nose rings like that rarely seen? It is everywhere! Even more extremes can be found. Smh.......

May 17, 2016 at 09:42 PM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Lydia {A Land of Color}

adventvisuals wrote:
Not at all, I am fighting for that freedom of expressions if anything. You are propagating censorship by fostering someone hating on a simple nose ring that is pretty normal these days. This isn't the 70s anymore, sorry.

Pure BS. You are attempting to silence those that disagree with you by calling them haters and implying they are "old fashion."

I and others simply stated, as a critique, that the nose ring is distracting. There is no hate or censorship in that.

May 17, 2016 at 11:08 PM
adventvisuals

p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Lydia {A Land of Color}

Andre Labonte wrote:
Pure BS. You are attempting to silence those that disagree with you by calling them haters and implying they are "old fashion."

I and others simply stated, as a critique, that the nose ring is distracting. There is no hate or censorship in that.

You sure? You call me bs but you don't think your "critique" isn't in a way possibly preventing others from ever posting a nose ring in fear of such criticism? You hate the ring, it shows...clearly. How about you be more open minded and accept it may not be that bad once it grows on you.

Let
...Show more

May 18, 2016 at 12:39 AM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Lydia {A Land of Color}

So by your own standard, you are a hater too!

May 18, 2016 at 07:20 AM
fstop212
• • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Lydia {A Land of Color}

Amazing shots. Love the lighting, the location (and the model)

May 18, 2016 at 07:35 AM
adventvisuals

p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Lydia {A Land of Color}

Andre Labonte wrote:
So by your own standard, you are a hater too!

Isn't that what I just said? . I was hating on you haters hating so you could understand what hating feels like. Oh you guys need to keep up with the age.....crack yourselves up over the obvious. SMH...lmao.

May 18, 2016 at 04:41 PM
Charles Loy
• • • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Lydia {A Land of Color}

Great photos! And oh yes-really like the tight face shots. She's fun, pretty, sexy gal.

May 22, 2016 at 07:33 AM
incrediblehark
• •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Lydia {A Land of Color}

Numbers 2, 11 and 15 are my favourites, nice work!

May 28, 2016 at 07:30 AM
ogerisg321
• • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Lydia {A Land of Color}

These are amazing and she is gorgeous.

Jun 03, 2016 at 09:36 AM
       end

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.