Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Sold: Nikon 300mm f/2.8 AF-S II

Weasel_Loader
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sold: Nikon 300mm f/2.8 AF-S II

Nikon 300mm f/2.8 AF-S II

Sold

Price: $2,075.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 8+ Shows moderate wear or finish marks
Shipping instructions: USPS or UPS

Selling this great lens to fund a 200-400/2.8 that I just purchased. Purchased this lens last year from another FMer. Works excellent and has produced some incredible images for my rodeo event shooting.

Lets start with the issues:

-Manual focus does have a gritty feel and sound from dust/dirt that has migrated into the lens (like any lens will sooner or later get with field use). Never bothered me as I never manual focus and it doesn't affect images or performance.

- Tape residue on lens hood (as seen in photo). Thats the way I got it, but I use a Lenscoat and don't really care about minor stuff like that.

- Lens came with a rubber band around end of lens to assist with keep lens hood from rotating.

- Minor scratches and paint rubbed off where lens strap attaches to rings on lens.

Comes with everything I purchased the lens with (Kata backpack bag, original Nikon bag for the front element, Nikon rear cap, and hood). I will include items that I have added (Wimberly lens foot, Lenscoat digital camo cover).

If you'd like to see any of the images I've taken with this lens, check out my Facebook, Smugmug, or Instagram. Almost every recent photo I've taken was with this lens. I use this lens on my D4 for about 95% of my shooting. I'd be keeping it, but 200-400/4 gives me more flexibility for rodeos than a fixed 300/2.8.

Price includes paypal fee and insured shipping within the U.S.

Apr 16, 2016 at 08:38 PM
Weasel_Loader
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sold: Nikon 300mm f/2.8 AF-S II

More photos

Apr 16, 2016 at 08:39 PM
MichGoBlue
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sold: Nikon 300mm f/2.8 AF-S II

Awesome price on an awesome lens! I loved this lens so much the two years I had it before I sold it to Weasel Loader to fund my 400 2.8. This lens has very fast and accurate AF and is super sharp. Someone is going to be very happy with this deal!

GLWS!

Apr 16, 2016 at 11:51 PM
Weasel_Loader
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sold: Nikon 300mm f/2.8 AF-S II

Thanks MichGoBlue. This lens puts a 70-200/2.8 to shame, and until I had this lens, I thought the 70-200 was incredible. The 300/2.8 focuses lightening fast!!!

Here are some recent sample images from this lens teamed up with my D4.

Apr 17, 2016 at 12:07 AM
NASAed

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sold: Nikon 300mm f/2.8 AF-S II

Amazing photos! I feel like I'm standing right there!

PM sent.

NASAed

Apr 17, 2016 at 08:50 AM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.