New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3       4       end

Archive 2016 · Techart AF adapter for M (and other) lenses for A7-II and A7R-II

d-intrigue
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Techart AF adapter for M (and other) lenses for A7-II and A7R-II

Not surprised they are booking a lot of orders...

Apr 17, 2016 at 07:32 PM
k-h.a.w
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Techart AF adapter for M (and other) lenses for A7-II and A7R-II

suteetat

My guess, a few weeks.

Apr 17, 2016 at 07:34 PM
naturephoto1
• • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Techart AF adapter for M (and other) lenses for A7-II and A7R-II

Has anyone tried the adapter on an A7 or an A7r. Techart informed me when asked that the adapter would not work work with my A7rM camera.

Thanks.

Rich

Edited on Apr 17, 2016 at 09:30 PM · View previous versions

Apr 17, 2016 at 09:14 PM
d-intrigue
• •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Techart AF adapter for M (and other) lenses for A7-II and A7R-II

Asked and answered many times in the comments here

http://techartpro.com/

Apr 17, 2016 at 09:18 PM
naturephoto1
• • • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Techart AF adapter for M (and other) lenses for A7-II and A7R-II

d-intrigue wrote:
Asked and answered many times in the comments here

http://techartpro.com/

I know what Techart has indicated. But, it may still function even if not consistently. I have had instances for example with some Leica equipment that Leica Camera USA said would not work together or they did not know for sure. Sometimes the only way to really know is to try the combination (as I found using some Leica equipment).

Rich

Apr 17, 2016 at 09:27 PM
d-intrigue
• •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Techart AF adapter for M (and other) lenses for A7-II and A7R-II

3rd party PDAF was released for the A7-II last fall, seems likely if Sony were to release it for the A7 they would have already done so.

It may 'work' in a technical sense but not a practical one (I.e., extremely slow, hunting.)

Apr 17, 2016 at 09:38 PM
k-h.a.w
• • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Techart AF adapter for M (and other) lenses for A7-II and A7R-II

naturephoto1 wrote:
I know what Techart has indicated. But, it may still function even if not consistently. I have had instances for example with some Leica equipment that Leica Camera USA said would not work together or they did not know for sure. Sometimes the only way to really know is to try the combination (as I found using some Leica equipment).

Rich

Well Rich. We'll only know for sure if someone tries it out and shares the experience.

K-H.

Apr 18, 2016 at 01:09 AM
samlee.hk

p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Techart AF adapter for M (and other) lenses for A7-II and A7R-II

ver 2.0 firmware is released already, u can updated through mobile phone.
http://techart-logic.com/2015/DL.html

1. download the apps and installed.
2. check the phone at least 50% power
3. install the mount on the camera
4. turn on power of the camera , change the camera body aperture to F90, then shoot one pic.
5. turn off the camera
6. run the app on the phone LM-EA7 v2.0 20160415
7. click the update button

P.S. the whole updated process may be a little bit slow , u can see the process at the button.

v2.0
1, to improve large aperture lens focus
2, to eliminate the halo appears when the camera turned on compensation
3, to reduce the sound of a motor when AF
4, to reduce cases shooting crash
5, the addition of switching manual lens stop in place, F45 empty take a set

i have already updated v2.0, more stable, faster.

Apr 18, 2016 at 05:08 AM
d-intrigue
• •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Techart AF adapter for M (and other) lenses for A7-II and A7R-II

Is there a way to use focus assist magnification?

Apr 19, 2016 at 10:12 AM
k-h.a.w
• • • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Techart AF adapter for M (and other) lenses for A7-II and A7R-II

I just got an email stating:"Your TECHART PRO order from February 10, 2016 is SHIPPED."

Apr 19, 2016 at 09:14 PM
d-intrigue
• •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Techart AF adapter for M (and other) lenses for A7-II and A7R-II

Excellent!

Apr 19, 2016 at 09:18 PM
k-h.a.w
• • • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Techart AF adapter for M (and other) lenses for A7-II and A7R-II

d-intrigue wrote:
Excellent!

Thanks. Looking forward joining the fun!

Apr 19, 2016 at 09:40 PM
d-intrigue
• •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Techart AF adapter for M (and other) lenses for A7-II and A7R-II

I received mine on Saturday and have shot several hundred photos so far. Focus accuracy has been excellent.

I would like to have the option of focus assist magnification but that doesn't seem possible, however it works with their Contax G adapter...no reply to my comment on their web page, hasn't been moderated yet...

Apr 19, 2016 at 09:44 PM
k-h.a.w
• • • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Techart AF adapter for M (and other) lenses for A7-II and A7R-II

d-intrigue wrote:
I received mine on Saturday and have shot several hundred photos so far. Focus accuracy has been excellent.

I would like to have the option of focus assist magnification but that doesn't seem possible, however it works with their Contax G adapter...no reply to my comment on their web page, hasn't been moderated yet...

Many thanks. This is great, quoting you:"Focus accuracy has been excellent." Terrific.
Except for FLE lenses other M lenses should work. I will keep my one FLE lens using on my M9.
I also have several R lenses to try with an additional adapter.

I am looking forward sharing experiences how to best setup the Sony menus.

Apr 19, 2016 at 10:18 PM
d-intrigue
• •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Techart AF adapter for M (and other) lenses for A7-II and A7R-II

Am interested in seeing how the FLE performs, with and without the adapter.

Can you determine at what focus distance the floating element is engaged?

Apr 19, 2016 at 10:28 PM
k-h.a.w
• • • • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Techart AF adapter for M (and other) lenses for A7-II and A7R-II

d-intrigue wrote:
Am interested in seeing how the FLE performs, with and without the adapter.

Thanks d-intrigue. I have to check into this. Don't know til I try.

Apr 19, 2016 at 11:41 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Techart AF adapter for M (and other) lenses for A7-II and A7R-II

d-intrigue wrote:

floating element is set for whatever position the lens distance scale says it is focused too.

if the manual focus ring is turned to infinity then the FLE will stay in that position no matter what the techart adapter does. the same is true for any other manual focus ring positioning. the AF adapter doesn't move the floating element it moves the whole lens. if you want the FLE correctly positioned you should estimate the distance and by eye and set the focus ring to that distance before engaging the AF.

Apr 19, 2016 at 11:45 PM
k-h.a.w
• • • • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Techart AF adapter for M (and other) lenses for A7-II and A7R-II

sebboh wrote:
floating element is set for whatever position the lens distance scale says it is focused too.

if the manual focus ring is turned to infinity then the FLE will stay in that position no matter what the techart adapter does. the same is true for any other manual focus ring positioning. the AF adapter doesn't move the floating element it moves the whole lens. if you want the FLE correctly positioned you should estimate the distance and by eye and set the focus ring to that distance before engaging the AF.

Thanks sebboh.
I was thinking of splitting focus from exposure.
So AF on back button.
Exposure on shutter button.
Then manually focusing the lens and finishing with AF.
That should minimize FLE error.

Question: What is the neutral position of the adapter?
I assume the adapter will be in neutral position when switching on the camera.
Is there another way?
TIA.

I think I am getting ahead of myself now and should await the arrival of my adapter.
Very interesting tidbit, how to program the adapter.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/57634146

Apr 20, 2016 at 12:27 AM
d-intrigue
• •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Techart AF adapter for M (and other) lenses for A7-II and A7R-II

sebboh wrote:

Of course, the Techart moves the entire lens. But the question is whether the floating element is only engaged at specific distances; I.e., close up. If the element moves throughout the entire focus range then manual focus is the only way to get the optimal benefit of the FLE.

In this case it would be best to have a manual adapter for lenses with FLE, as there is no focus assist with the Techart when manually focusing using the lenses focus ring, unless I just haven't figured out how to enable it yet.

There is also the pending smartphone app which has some functionality that might prove useful to FLE lenses.

Apr 20, 2016 at 06:26 AM
d-intrigue
• •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · Techart AF adapter for M (and other) lenses for A7-II and A7R-II

Ok I finally discovered the solution. Bear in mind I am new to Sony so, beg your pardon.

I had AF/MF Ctrl Toggle set to the center button. That might be the default, but in any case focus assist only works when this is toggled. I have focus assist magnification set to C2, so pressing center button will show focus peaking immediately and then C2 will magnify.

For an FLE lens then, get close with manual focus and then toggle back to AF to lock focus. Several button presses isn't ideal, perhaps this canbe streamlined somehow. Ideas?

Apr 20, 2016 at 08:28 AM
       3       4       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3       4       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.