p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Forest shooting

First Test of my new Canon 35mm 1.4 II

Apr 16, 2016 at 04:05 AM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Forest shooting

Congrats on the new lens.
The 1.8 blurs the background less, so it seems a bit better than 1.4 at showing the mountains.

Apr 16, 2016 at 08:15 AM
film_4ever
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Forest shooting

Really nice images ! Beautiful model, beautiful location, nice wardrobe and hair. Congratulations getting the new lens.

I like both images as is.

However, I'm not sure the composition is the best. I wonder if image 1 could be improved if it were cropped to a portrait orientation. The mountains in the background are nice, but I don't think the trees contribute that much.

I like image 2, but I think the model needs to be larger in the image. Again, I think the trees are competing too much for attention, and taking away from the model. I would try cropping this image as well. I would remove most of the blurred foreground branches on the RHS.

I think you have a nice location, but I would try to find a meadow or open area, where the mountains are visible, and trees show behind the model, but are not competing for attention.

Thanks for sharing your images.

Apr 20, 2016 at 10:55 AM
FotoHouse
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Forest shooting

I disagree with the critiques. The compositions are fine and because you were very careful to make sure the talent had a striking color contrast to her, nothing competed with her.

The foreground blur is ok also...as it assists in ground separation--imagine it without, and you could see the space competing for attention.

I read this image as it was intended: model as primary subject matter, main tree prop as secondary, and trees/mountains as tertiary. Removing these elements renders the photo too clean which makes it sterile.

I can appreciate the time and effort you put into this. The thinking process is correct. Wonderful job!

Apr 20, 2016 at 12:43 PM
Dago

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Forest shooting

Thanks all.

Here are more Pictures. But this time the weather wasnt good at all. :S

i love this lens!

Apr 24, 2016 at 02:50 PM
Ian Boys
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Forest shooting

Interesting work. I esp like images 2 and 3.

Apr 24, 2016 at 03:40 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.