New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Custom Stock Photography Pricing

beavens
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Custom Stock Photography Pricing

Hi all,

I'm no pro, but I figure those who post here might be able to steer me in the right direction.

I've got an offer to take some stock photos for a law firm to use in their recruiting brochures. From what I can gather, they are looking at 5-6 staged photos of attorneys 'working' and 'hanging out', etc.

These photos will be taken in their D.C. area location (I am ~2 hours south) and will require me to take a day off work (no idea if this factors into anything).

There might be a couple other photos they are looking for, but I am sure about the 5-6 in the D.C. office.

I have *no* idea where to start with pricing and would love some help.

THANKS!!

Jeff

Apr 15, 2016 at 09:28 AM
gschlact
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Custom Stock Photography Pricing

You need to research what your day-rate is for production of the images. This will include travel time since the rest of the day can't be used to work due to the distance.

This cost of production will license them to ise the photo(s) for 2 years on 1 media and geography, or 1 year two media.

Or you can short cut it and lump sum it issuing perpetual rights unrestricted, for a large cost for the day. Give then a choice like $1000 for the limited version or $1750 for unrestricted. But you need to specify how many photos as well.

Apr 25, 2016 at 11:58 PM
beavens
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Custom Stock Photography Pricing

gschlact wrote:
You need to research what your day-rate is for production of the images. This will include travel time since the rest of the day can't be used to work due to the distance.

This cost of production will license them to ise the photo(s) for 2 years on 1 media and geography, or 1 year two media.

Or you can short cut it and lump sum it issuing perpetual rights unrestricted, for a large cost for the day. Give then a choice like $1000 for the limited version or $1750 for unrestricted. But you need to specify how many photos as well.
...Show more

Thanks for the thoughtful reply!

Unfortunately we weren't able to come together for this job - the info is helpful for the future though.

Cheers!

Jeff

Apr 26, 2016 at 06:47 AM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.