Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · HS baseball

IamSnowman
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · HS baseball

Got out to shoot HS baseball. This was my 3rd game ever so I was a little rusty.

Apr 11, 2016 at 07:53 AM
mb126
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · HS baseball

#4 is the strongest of the set for me. I would think that 2 frames after #3 is also a strong picture depending on what happened but I like it as well.

Don't really understand #2 since it was a foul ball.

Color, exposure, etc. all looks pretty decent so not much to comment on there. Depending on your access, is it possible to get lower to the ground to shoot? I think that would help clean up the background in a lot of these. For example you can't really crop the car out of #5 because of the player's heads but if you were lower to the background would be just fence+stands.

Apr 11, 2016 at 12:45 PM
IamSnowman
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · HS baseball

Great. Thanks for the suggestions

Apr 12, 2016 at 06:53 AM
RichCoyle
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · HS baseball

I spent 25 years as an NCAA Baseball Umpire - two teams with similar Uniform Colors always annoyed me. Now, seeing it as a photographer, it is even worse! You already have some great suggestions above, I'm just interjecting a personal comment, hopefully for a chuckle.

Apr 12, 2016 at 08:33 AM
IamSnowman
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · HS baseball

Thanks. That's the first thing I thought about when seeing the visiting team getting off the bus.

Apr 12, 2016 at 10:39 AM
CHWino
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · HS baseball

Let me guess... the team in green won?

Apr 18, 2016 at 05:50 PM
nkampfender

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · HS baseball

#3 & #2 are obviously the strongest. As a former pitcher I enjoy any shot of the mound, but I'm not too pumped about the second, third, and fourth subjects even being in #1.

Only real turn off with this set is with #2. I agree with mb126.
If the batter obviously isn't going to put the ball in play I don't see the point in adding the photo. 1,2, or 3 frames before this could've been a HR, we would have never known, but we can clearly see that his is headed to the backstop.

Great shots over all though, I love seeing photo/baseball enthusiast getting amazing shots for kids like these.

Apr 19, 2016 at 05:59 PM
IamSnowman
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · HS baseball

nkampfender wrote:
#3 & #2 are obviously the strongest. As a former pitcher I enjoy any shot of the mound, but I'm not too pumped about the second, third, and fourth subjects even being in #1.

Only real turn off with this set is with #2. I agree with mb126.
If the batter obviously isn't going to put the ball in play I don't see the point in adding the photo. 1,2, or 3 frames before this could've been a HR, we would have never known, but we can clearly see that his is headed to the backstop.

Great shots over all though, I
...Show more

Thanks. The first image is of the first pitch at the new ball field at the new High School in town so i thought leaving the players in the frame would add to the moment.

Apr 23, 2016 at 11:49 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.