FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · St Monans Harbour & Belhaven Bay

chrismscotland
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · St Monans Harbour & Belhaven Bay

Here's a couple of shots from me taken last weekend as I've been getting to grips with the new X-Pro 2, shared them in the Fuji thread but wanted to share them on their own too.

1. St Monans Harbour Breakwater, Fife, Scotland. This place has become a bit of a Mecca for photographers of late and I've never got a good shot of it, but I think I can tick it off my list for now!

2. The same day I also ended up at Belhaven Bay, East Lothian, Scotland which is almost exactly opposite St Monans on the other side of the Firth of Forth, again this is a popular spot and I'd never been here while the tide was in and I felt it was crying out for a long exposure!

St Monans Harbour, Fuji X-Pro 2 & 16-55 f2.8

Bridge to Nowhere & Bass Rock, Fuji X-Pro 2 & 16-55 f2.8

Apr 10, 2016 at 07:26 AM
Timmeh
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · St Monans Harbour & Belhaven Bay

Hi Chris,

I like #1 best. I think the long shutter speed works, though a tad more detail in the water pouring off the rocks would have been nice. I wish there was slightly more breathing room for the dark object on the right, but it seems necessary to balance the mountain and rock on the left.

Tim

Apr 10, 2016 at 12:24 PM
OregonSun
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · St Monans Harbour & Belhaven Bay

Cool pair of shots, nice juxtaposition of the isolated man made elements and the starkness of the surrounding seascape. The B&W processing is perfect.

Heron

Apr 12, 2016 at 02:02 AM
chrismscotland
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · St Monans Harbour & Belhaven Bay

Thanks folks, really appreciate the comments!!! Really like shooting black and white with the Fuji!

Apr 14, 2016 at 05:55 PM
dswiger
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · St Monans Harbour & Belhaven Bay

I agree, the 1st is the best. The comp, using the sea wall & the B&W. Superb

Thanks for posting

Dan

Apr 14, 2016 at 06:32 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.