New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Lowepro Passport Sling and a Fuji XT1 system

vkalia
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lowepro Passport Sling and a Fuji XT1 system

Hi all -

Does anyone know if a Lowepro Sling will fit a Fuji XT1, 35/1.4, 23/1.4 and 16/1.4?

TIA!

Apr 09, 2016 at 02:16 PM
TMaG82
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lowepro Passport Sling and a Fuji XT1 system

From my experience, the bag is rather limited and may fit a camera with lens and one lens, not too. You'll need a separate lens pouch.

Edited on Apr 11, 2016 at 04:34 AM · View previous versions

Apr 10, 2016 at 06:48 PM
vkalia
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lowepro Passport Sling and a Fuji XT1 system

^^ Gotcha, thanks for that!

I've ordered a ThinkTank Mirrorless Mover and a Turn Style 5 instead.

Apr 11, 2016 at 03:04 AM
TMaG82
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Lowepro Passport Sling and a Fuji XT1 system

Yeah another thing to note is that a lot of those bags were made for DSLR bodies and therefore have deeper inserts that swallow up mirror less lenses, more so m4/3 but also crop lenses since the overall bodies are smaller too.

Which MM did you get? I might've suggested the Turnstyle 10, the 5 is pretty small, but might work out since you're using princes only.

The Urban Approach 5/10 is a nice bag as well. I just ordered myself the Retrospective 6 that I'm getting this week, which should fit the body vertically and have enough dividers for smaller lenses.

Apr 11, 2016 at 04:37 AM
vkalia
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Lowepro Passport Sling and a Fuji XT1 system

Yeah, even i have noted how deep those bags are!

For MM, i went with the 25i. That should be able to take all my gear and the 3 bodies. Actually, i had ordered that prior to asking the question.

What I wanted was a second, sling-style light bag i could carry with me when i was out and about all day taking photos. I debated between the 5 and 10, but looking at the photos of the 5, I think i should be able to wedge the body with lens attached, and 2 more into it. I need the bag by this Friday, as i am leaving on a short break and so i just decided to take a leap - it was either this or the Sling.

The Urban Approach looks nice. I have an older version of that - an Urban something or the other which can take my laptop, DSLR w/ vertical grip, a 17-40, 24-105 and 70-200/4, and i love it for transporting gear. For shooting, not so much - too big and the temptation to carry more things in it always increases. Plus, I wanted atleast one bag which didnt require me to fold up and back a flap every time i want to change lenses.

I was looking at another, similarly-styled TT bag but went with the MM for the same reason you mentioned - it isnt as deep.

Apr 11, 2016 at 01:27 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.