Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · any neoprene lens bags wider than 4 inches???

chiron
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · any neoprene lens bags wider than 4 inches???

Has anyone found any neoprene lens bags that are wide than 4 inches and, preferably about 6-9 inches long?

I would like to be able to put a number of my lenses into individual neoprene bags with their shades on (not reversed). But lenses like the 16-35 or 24-70 just can't get their shades into the openings of the bags. I haven't been able to find any of these neoprene bags with openings wider than 4 inches, except a JJC bag which is too large and long (and expensive) because it is designed for large telephone lenses.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Apr 09, 2016 at 01:52 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · any neoprene lens bags wider than 4 inches???

I use both lenses you mentioned with hoods in Op/Tech Snoot Boots.

I've attached a photo of my 16-35/4L IS sticking out of its SnootBoot. It's size "Wide-Body Large".

© jcolwell 2016

Front of EF 16-35/4L IS with hood sticking out Op/Tech Snoot Boot.

Edited on Apr 09, 2016 at 02:44 PM · View previous versions

Apr 09, 2016 at 02:03 PM
chiron
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · any neoprene lens bags wider than 4 inches???

jcolwell wrote:
I use both lenses you mentioned with hoods in Op/Tech Snoot Boots.

I've attached a photo of my 16-35/4L IS sticking out of its SnootBoot. I'm pretty sure this is a Large-Wide size, at least it's 8" long. The sizes at the Op/Tech site say it's 3.5" diameter, but mine is at least 4". I know it's not one of the Wide-Body-XL sizes, because those pouches don't have the standard belt loop and snap hook that mine has, and they're longer than mine.

Note that their site doesn't list the "Large-Wide" size, but that's what I have recorded in my inventory
...Show more

Thank you for this suggestion. I think that the op/tech site lists these wide bags as as 4.5 inches wide, which is about a half inch wider than others I have seen. If you can get the 16-35 and the 24-70 in with shade reversed, the longer wide bags should take them with the shade mounted for use. I will give them a try.

Apr 09, 2016 at 02:26 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · any neoprene lens bags wider than 4 inches???

chiron wrote:
Thank you for this suggestion. I think that the op/tech site lists these wide bags as as 4.5 inches wide, which is about a half inch wider than others I have seen. If you can get the 16-35 and the 24-70 in with shade reversed, the longer wide bags should take them with the shade mounted for use. I will give them a try.

The 16-35 and 24-70 both fit in the Wide-Body Large Snoot Boot with the hood in shooting position.

I've attached a new photo of my 70-200/2.8L IS II with hood reversed in the same bag.

It's item (c) on the Op/Tech site,

http://optechusa.com/pouches/snoot-boot.html

...and it's listed here at B&H,

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/387595-REG/OP_TECH_USA_7801142_Snoot_Boot_WB_Large.html

EF 70-200/2.8L IS II in Op/Tech Wide-Body Large Snoot Boot

Apr 09, 2016 at 02:33 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · any neoprene lens bags wider than 4 inches???

chiron wrote:

The 8" long Snoot Boot is plenty big for the 16-35/4L IS and 24-70/2.8L IS II with hoods in shooting position. They even fit the 70-200/2.8L IS II and 100-400L IS II with hoods reversed and stretched a bit to close the bag over the rear cap.

(my background and lighting are currently set up for a different project, and so they're not optimal for these examples)

© jcolwell 2016

Wide Body Large Snoot next to EF 24-70/2.8L II

Apr 09, 2016 at 03:07 PM
chiron
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · any neoprene lens bags wider than 4 inches???

jcolwell,

Thank you so much! This is exactly what I needed to know and what I was looking for.

Do you know happen to know if the extra-large wide snoot will fit the 100--400 or 70 200 2.8 with shade in shooting position (that is asking a lot of any bag!)?

But it would certainly fit the extra large wide (I think it is 10 inches) comfortably with shade reversed.

I am going to be on the West side in the 30s on Monday. I think I will come in to the store.
I haven't been there for a while.

Thank you again. This was so helpful!

Apr 09, 2016 at 04:11 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · any neoprene lens bags wider than 4 inches???

Hi chiron,

You're welcome.

The 70-200/2.8L IS II with hood in shooting position is 12" long, counting the end cap, and so it should fit in the Wide-Body XXL size, no sweat. Its max hood diameter is 4.5".

Jim

Apr 09, 2016 at 04:30 PM
Savas K
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · any neoprene lens bags wider than 4 inches???

jcolwell wrote

(my background and lighting are currently set up for a different project, and so they're not optimal for these examples)

Glad you qualified that. I mean, well .....

Apr 10, 2016 at 01:53 PM
lsutigerfan
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · any neoprene lens bags wider than 4 inches???

I have had the shittiest luck on this same issue. My 24-70 and Tamron 15-30 are lenses I needed bags for. Ended up getting 2 of these and added little bit of foam. Very very nice lens case this makes and for $7.99!!!!!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/case-logic-luminosity-action-camera-bag-black/1423262.p?id=1219051879514&skuId=1423262

Apr 11, 2016 at 09:35 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.