New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Kudos to Nikon Repair

Norm Shapiro
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Kudos to Nikon Repair

I have several Nikon1 10-30 zooms and after a second one stopped working I went online and discovered there was a problem with that particular lens and Nikon had set up a return page to handle it. I filled out the forms and then printed out the prepaid UPS forms and shipped them out 13 days ago. I just received the second lens back. Turns out Nikon has United Camera do the repairs. They called me to verify the return address, and then called again to check on the delivery. I'm very impressed with the way United Camera handled everything.

Apr 08, 2016 at 08:30 PM
Grantland
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Kudos to Nikon Repair

Nice. Love Nikon and I am not ripping on them . . . but the bar for Nikon service/repair is set very low.

Shot Canon for 10 years. 7 times or more I shipped a damaged lens or camera to CPS on a Monday morning and receive it back by Thursday. 3 times I had to wait until Friday.

When I moved to Nikon I was surprised at the service. Don't get me wrong . . . I sent my D800 in for repair a couple years ago and it came back perfect. It just took 3 weeks. arghhhh. And I recently sent my 200 f/2.0 VR in for repair and it took 2 months. Seriously?? Works perfect but . . .

Apr 08, 2016 at 09:38 PM
Norm Shapiro
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Kudos to Nikon Repair

Are you an NPS member? I am and it comes with rush repairs and discounts.

Apr 08, 2016 at 09:44 PM
Danner
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Kudos to Nikon Repair

Glad to hear a positive report.

Apr 08, 2016 at 09:45 PM
the solitaire
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Kudos to Nikon Repair

Never had a problem with Nikon Germany. I sent in my Nikon F3 last week and got a cost estimate within 48 hours. Had the camera back in hand within 5 days

Apr 09, 2016 at 12:29 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.